Register to reply

Stuck with a PDE system

by L0r3n20
Tags: stuck
Share this thread:
L0r3n20
Jul5-12, 09:50 AM
P: 19
Hi all! I'm stuck with a system of PDE. I'm not sure I want to write it here in full, so l'll write just one of them. I've found a solution to this equation but I'm not sure it's the most general one since when I plug this solution in to the other eqs, I get a trivility condition for the coefficients
[tex] 2\bar{k}^1\left(\bar{s},\bar{t},\bar{u}\right)-2 k^1\left(s,t,u\right)+\left(s-\bar{s}\right)\left(\partial_s k^1\left(s,t,u\right) + \bar{\partial}_{\bar{s}}\bar{k}^1\left(\bar{s}, \bar{t}, \bar{u}\right)\right) =0 [/tex]
Can someone help?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Experts defend operational earthquake forecasting, counter critiques
EU urged to convert TV frequencies to mobile broadband
Sierra Nevada freshwater runoff could drop 26 percent by 2100
haruspex
Jul5-12, 08:53 PM
Homework
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 9,876
Not sure I've understood the equation. Is this simplification valid:
2u(x) - 2v(y) + (y-x)(∂v/∂y + ∂u/∂x) = 0
?
If so:
∂v/∂y + ∂u/∂x = 2(u-v)/(x-y)
Consider (u, v+v') is also a solution. So
∂v'/∂y = 2v'/(y-x)
v' = (y-x)2f(x)
where f is an arbitrary function of x.
Does that help?
L0r3n20
Jul6-12, 05:32 AM
Thank you for the answer. Ok that was useful, at least a bit. In fact, although it is correct, I need a u and a v depending ONLY from one of the two variables (x and y). In fact I'm dealing with (anti)holomorphic functions and I need them to respect the holomorphicity condition.

haruspex
Jul7-12, 11:17 PM
Homework
Sci Advisor
HW Helper
Thanks
P: 9,876
Stuck with a PDE system

Quote Quote by L0r3n20 View Post
Thank you for the answer. Ok that was useful, at least a bit. In fact, although it is correct, I need a u and a v depending ONLY from one of the two variables (x and y). In fact I'm dealing with (anti)holomorphic functions and I need them to respect the holomorphicity condition.
OK, so make f(x) constant. You can do likewise for (u+u', v).
L0r3n20
Jul8-12, 02:08 AM
Even thought I set f(x) constant I get the x-dependence from y-x, right?

Register to reply