Random Subscription Problem - Find a Solution

• Thread starter Hurkyl
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation revolved around the issue of randomly getting subscribed to threads without a clear pattern. The participants also discussed the possibility of the "Do not subscribe" option being selected in the User CP and the AdminCP possibly having a setting to auto-subscribe to certain forums. The conversation also mentioned the potential of it being a bug from vBulletin and the issue of not receiving email notifications.
Hurkyl
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I'm still having this problem where I will randomly get subscribed to threads. I haven't figured out a pattern to it, except that I've been getting a lot of them in the past couple days. :frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
The same thing's happening to me...

Have you checked to see if the option Do not subscribe in your User CP is selected?

Hurkyl said:
I'm still having this problem where I will randomly get subscribed to threads. I haven't figured out a pattern to it, except that I've been getting a lot of them in the past couple days. :frown:

Same thing's happening to me also.

Have you checked to see if the option Do not subscribe in your User CP is selected?

Yes, it's selected. It looks to me like, I'm randomly being subscribed to certain threads I post in.

Maybe the option is set for certain forums to auto subscribe via AdminCP?

Mattara said:
Maybe the option is set for certain forums to auto subscribe via AdminCP?
If it is, it wouldn't be on purpose.

It could also be a bug from vBulletin side.

I haven't gotten any email notifications in a week. I checked the user options about four days ago and found that something had turned off my notifications, but it is set now.

What is the "Random Subscription Problem"?

The Random Subscription Problem is a theoretical problem that involves finding a solution to the issue of randomly selecting a subscription from a pool of options.

Why is the Random Subscription Problem important?

The Random Subscription Problem is important because it can have real-world applications in various industries, such as marketing, where companies need to randomly select customers for promotions or surveys.

What are some potential solutions to the Random Subscription Problem?

There are several potential solutions to the Random Subscription Problem, including using a random number generator, implementing a weighted selection algorithm, or using a stratified sampling approach.

How can the Random Subscription Problem be applied in scientific research?

In scientific research, the Random Subscription Problem can be used in selecting participants for studies or experiments. It can also be used in randomizing control and experimental groups to ensure unbiased results.

Are there any ethical considerations when using a solution to the Random Subscription Problem?

Yes, there can be ethical considerations when using a solution to the Random Subscription Problem, particularly in terms of privacy and fairness. It is important to ensure that the method used for selection is unbiased and respects individuals' rights and privacy.