Integrating (3-x)7^[(3-x)2]: A Step-by-Step Guide

In summary, the conversation discusses two different problems. The first problem involves finding the derivative of f(t)=t^(3/2)log(of 2)Sqrt(t+1), while the second problem involves finding the integral of (3-x)7^[(3-x)^2] dx. The conversation also mentions using the product and chain rules to solve these problems.
Blade
Need a kickstart with this one:
f(t)=t^(3/2)log(of 2)Sqrt(t+1)

Integral of (3-x)7^[(3-x)^2] dx

7^[(3-x)2] = e^[(3-x)2ln 7]
u=(3-x)^2
du/dx = -2(3-x)
(3-x)dx = -1/2 du
not even sure what so far is right..

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure what the question is!

"f(t)=t^(3/2)log(of 2)Sqrt(t+1)"

Okay, what's the question?

"Integral of (3-x)7^[(3-x)^2] dx

7^[(3-x)2] = e^[(3-x)2ln 7]
u=(3-x)^2
du/dx = -2(3-x)
(3-x)dx = -1/2 du
not even sure what so far is right.."

Seeing the exponent (3-x)2 and (3-x) multiplying the exponential, the first thing I would try is "let u= (3-x)2". Then du= -2(3-x)dx so the integral becomes

-2 times Integral of 7udu.

If you don't know the derivative and anti-derivative of 7u, remember that 7u= eu ln(7).

Ah, sorry about the first one.

f(t)=t^(3/2)log(of 2)Sqrt(t+1)
I need to derive that.

I feel u want derivative , if so then hint is

take log on both sides and then differentiate

I don't see any reason to take the logarithm. It's looks like a pretty direct application of the product rule and chain rule.

f(t)=t3/2(log2[/sup](√(t+1))

f'= (t3/2)'log2[/sup](√(t+1))+(t2)(log2[/sup](√(t+1))'

(t3/2)'= (3/2)t1/2, of course.

To differentiate log2(x) recall that log2(x)= ln(x)/ln(2) so (log2(x))'= 1/(xln(2)).

There are many ways of doing a problem, though both are easy to use.

yes it is a direct problem involving the product rule and chain rule

What is the purpose of "Integrating (3-x)7^[(3-x)2]: A Step-by-Step Guide"?

The purpose of this guide is to provide a step-by-step process for integrating the function (3-x)7^[(3-x)2] in order to solve for its indefinite integral.

What is integration and why is it important?

Integration is a mathematical operation that involves finding the area under a curve, and it is important in various fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. It allows us to solve problems involving rates of change, accumulation, and optimization.

Do I need any prior knowledge to understand this guide?

Yes, it is recommended that readers have a basic understanding of algebra, calculus, and the concept of integration before attempting to use this guide.

What are the steps involved in integrating (3-x)7^[(3-x)2]?

The steps involved in integrating (3-x)7^[(3-x)2] are as follows: 1) Rewrite the function in a simpler form, 2) Apply the power rule and chain rule to simplify the function, 3) Use u-substitution to transform the function into a standard form, 4) Integrate the transformed function, 5) Substitute back in the original variable and simplify the result.

Can I use this guide to integrate other functions?

While this guide is specifically designed for integrating (3-x)7^[(3-x)2], the same general steps can be applied to integrate other functions. However, the specific methods and techniques used may vary depending on the function being integrated.