New Year's Eve - anybody online?

• Thread starter radou
  • Start date
In summary, someone is planning a New Year's Eve party and is looking for people to join in. There is a thread for this event that has been active for a year. People who are spending the night are looking for others to join them.
radou
Homework Helper
I was just wondering if there are some desperate (a disputable term, though) people who'll hang around here on PF on New Year's Eve? We could organize a party, I thought I read something about that in a post some time ago. :cool:

Physics news on Phys.org
So, do we start a thread where everyone posts a "HAPPY NEW YEAR" message when the clock strikes midnight in their time zone? :biggrin:

neutrino said:
So, do we start a thread where everyone posts a "HAPPY NEW YEAR" message when the clock strikes midnight in their time zone? :biggrin:

Yeah, sth like that. We have at least a 7 hour lasting New Year party. :biggrin:

Spoilsport warning: But I still wonder why the whole world goes crazy every year for a change in a single number, and every (approx) 315 million seconds for a change in two, and every...

neutrino said:
Spoilsport warning: But I still wonder why the whole world goes crazy every year for a change in a single number, and every (approx) 315 million seconds for a change in two, and every...

Why? Beacuse the whole world likes to drink, that's why. :biggrin:

So, you in or not? :tongue2:

radou said:
Why? Beacuse the whole world likes to drink, that's why. :biggrin:

So, you in or not? :tongue2:

In on the drinking or the posting? Or both? :biggrin:

berkeman said:
In on the drinking or the posting? Or both? :biggrin:

:biggrin: The posting, of cooourse. Btw, I wouldn't like to know what 'drunk posts' would look like. Although, it would be an interesting experiment. :rofl:

They'd probably look like one of those deleted posts. :biggrin:

Just for the heck of it, I changed the display on my computer clock to read Unix time. :P

neutrino said:
Just for the heck of it, I changed the display on my computer clock to read Unix time. :P

That's the spirit! :tongue2:

neutrino said:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

radou said:
:biggrin: The posting, of cooourse. Btw, I wouldn't like to know what 'drunk posts' would look like. Although, it would be an interesting experiment. :rofl:

Someone here has a signature quoting a drunk post, goes something like "I'm too drunk to see why that proposal wouldn't work..."

radou said:

neutrino said:

:rofl: Actually, I think there were a few in last year's New Year's Eve party thread (we were passing around quite a bit of Nyquil and Near Beer for everyone who got sick from visiting relatives over Christmas).

I don't know if I'll be around or not. The friend I was supposed to go out with has a bad sinus infection, and I'm still getting over another bug, so it might be another Nyquil and Near Beer party for us.

Rach3 said:
Someone here has a signature quoting a drunk post, goes something like "I'm too drunk to see why that proposal wouldn't work..."
Line from post #3 is in Shawn's sig line: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=42776

I believe I'll be in the lab all through that night. We've had a few parties here in GD, haven't we?

Gokul43201 said:
I believe I'll be in the lab all through that night.

Wow, you take making frozen drinks seriously! :rofl:

I seemed to of married a new years scrooge. We had all kinds of plans, but now that's it near, he's saying, "honey we should just stay home":cry:

The things you don't find out until your married!

hypatia said:
I seemed to of married a new years scrooge. We had all kinds of plans, but now that's it near, he's saying, "honey we should just stay home":cry:

The things you don't find out until your married!
I didn't know you were married, when did this happen?

Moonbear said:
Wow, you take making frozen drinks seriously! :rofl:

Gokul's frozen drinks are really, really, really cold!

mattmns said:
http://mm.dfilm.com/mm2s/mm_route.php?id=3121157

Let the fun begin.

edit.. that is a pretty terrible video I made, I am sure someone can do much much better.
Yay, I was hoping we could start making new films! Have they purged the old ones? :frown: :grumpy: :devil:

:bugeye: Oh my...

Hey, we need to save these for New Year's Eve!

(these *are* addictive)

Evo said:
:bugeye: Oh my...

Hey, we need to save these for New Year's Eve!

(these *are* addictive)

Can we do just one more pair of movies, Evo? Can we, can we? *blink-blink* o:) :biggrin:

radou said:
Can we do just one more pair of movies, Evo? Can we, can we? *blink-blink* o:) :biggrin:
Sure. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
:rofl: :rofl: So...Evo, DID you get a Teddy Ruxpin for Christmas, or do we need to shake down t_e? :biggrin:
Nope. I got nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Squat. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Evo said:

:frown: :frown: :frown:

Evo said:

Awww. :frown: :grumpy: I think it's time the sisterhood sets him straight. :devil: