Concept of resistive touch screen, anyone an IEEE member?

In summary, the conversation revolved around a problem with a 8 wire resistive touch screen where the cursor kept drifting due to analog noise. The solution discussed was to program an algorithm to clean up the noise or use a "no move" region, though this would result in a less smooth cursor. The conversation also touched upon the possibility of an IEEE member sending a file for a student project. Suggestions were made to get a subscription or mention IEEE membership on a resume. The issue was eventually resolved.
hanhao
concept of resistive touch screen, anyone an IEEE member?

hi, i am having a problem with my 8 wire resistive touch screen
the cursor keeps drifting about due to analog noise

i suppose i would need to program an algorithm to clean up the noise to keep it stationary. i have tried putting a "no move" region, meaning if the cursor jumps within this region, i would lock it firmly in place. however this brings up the problem of having lesser spread on the cursor. This means that the user would not have a smooth mouse cursor when he is moving the cursor because of the "no move region"
does anyone have a solution to this problem?

also, anyone an IEEE member would be so kind to send this this file?
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?arnumber=1037318
i am a student doing a project and have absolutely no budget for a subscription at IEEE. u can upload the file at yousendit.com and post the link here

thanks in advance :tongue:

Physics news on Phys.org
A subscription is only $35. You can also put that you're an IEEE member on your resume.

DefaultName said:
A subscription is only $35. You can also put that you're an IEEE member on your resume.

thanks for the reply, never mind i got it

1. What is a resistive touch screen?

A resistive touch screen is a type of touchscreen display that uses two layers of flexible material with a small gap between them. When pressure is applied to the screen, the two layers come into contact and the location of the touch is determined by measuring the changes in electrical current.

2. How does a resistive touch screen work?

A resistive touch screen works by using a layer of conductive material on the top layer and a layer of resistive material on the bottom layer. When pressure is applied to the screen, the layers touch and the change in electrical current is measured to determine the location of the touch.

3. What are the advantages of a resistive touch screen?

One advantage of a resistive touch screen is that it can be used with a variety of input devices, including fingers, styluses, and gloves. It also tends to be more affordable than other types of touch screens and is less affected by dust and debris.

4. Are there any disadvantages of a resistive touch screen?

One disadvantage of a resistive touch screen is that it is less sensitive and responsive compared to other types of touch screens. It also requires more pressure to register a touch, which can be tiring for the user. Additionally, it is not as durable as other types of touch screens and may require frequent calibration.

5. What is the significance of being an IEEE member in relation to the concept of resistive touch screens?

Being an IEEE member can provide access to resources and research related to the development and improvement of resistive touch screens. As a member of the largest professional organization for the advancement of technology, one can stay updated on the latest developments and innovations in the field of touch screen technology, including resistive touch screens.