Is the Quality of Apostol International Edition Books Comparable to US Versions?

In summary: The international edition Arfken and Weber is the same as the standard US edition, but the pages are much thinner and may fall out.
rocomath
Quality of International Books?

i found Apostol's textbook for very cheap on Apebooks.com. I also found a numerous others but they are int'l editions. Does anyone know by chance if the quality of the page is good, or the overall quality of the books bc I will definitely be using it a lot and I don't want to spend $30 then have to spend another $30 etc etc etc. Thanks!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Apostol's analysis book? I have an international edition mechanics book that is exactly like the standard US one but with a softcover. Then I have an international (I think that's what is written on it... it's some sort of cheap edition) Arfken & Weber that has a hardcover but really thin pages that look like they're about to start falling out. So I guess my experiences are mixed. In general, I find you get what you pay for with books online. I might be misunderstanding, but it sounds like you're saying the Abebooks is NOT international edition... if that's the case, and it's cheap enough for you, I'd go for that... but that's just me. I think there's always a lot of uncertainty regarding exactly what your getting, but maybe someone here with more experience can give you better advice.

Given the forum, I guess you would be talking about the analysis book... I've been reading through his analytic number theory text recently, so that's what first sprang to mind.

Last edited:
I was talking about Apostol's Calculus, sorry I forgot to mention that. My original intention was to buy Spivak's Calculus for $65, but Apostol's is around $30 for each volume. It sort of evens out, but I think Apostol covers a little more than Spivaks. But I have decided to purchase Spivak's Calculus.

Thanks.

The international books are the same as the US ones (Apostol Calculus).

1. What is the difference between the regular version and the international edition of "Apostol"?

The international edition of "Apostol" is tailored for use in different countries and may have different examples or problem sets compared to the regular version. It may also have a different cover or some additional features to suit the needs of students in other countries.

2. Can I use the international edition if I am studying in the United States?

Yes, you can still use the international edition of "Apostol" even if you are studying in the United States. However, it is important to note that some universities may require students to use the regular version of the textbook for consistency among students.

3. Are the content and concepts the same in both versions?

Yes, the content and concepts in both versions of "Apostol" are the same. The only difference may be in the examples and problem sets, which may vary slightly.

4. Can I find the international edition in all bookstores?

Not all bookstores may carry the international edition of "Apostol". It is best to check with the bookstore or online retailer before purchasing to ensure they have the version you need.

5. Is the international edition significantly cheaper than the regular version?

The price of the international edition may vary depending on the country it is being sold in. In some cases, it may be cheaper than the regular version, but in others, the price may be similar. It is best to compare prices before purchasing to see if there is a significant difference.