Paid Subscriptions: Troubleshooting Renewal Issues

• Thread starter somasimple
  • Start date
In summary, a user's PF subscription was automatically renewed without their knowledge and they were unable to find an option to cancel it. However, it was found that automatic renewals were disabled several months ago and the user may have signed up for it before the issue was discovered. The user is now requesting for the "PF contributor" label to be added to their profile page.
somasimple
Gold Member
Hello All,

My PF subscription was normally renewed but it doesn't appear on my profile.
BTW, this renewal is automatic and doesn't let any chance to a member to quit the place.

Physics news on Phys.org
Are you sure it was renewed? I thought Greg disabled automatic renewals because it was set up in error, and people complained.

If you were actually charged for it, contact Greg Bernhardt by PM to either manually upgrade you back to a gold status, or to issue a refund if your concern is that you didn't want to renew and it automatically did so.

He also is the one who needs to fix the subscriptions feature if it's automatically renewing without any option to stop that...it shouldn't be doing that.

Here is the message I received on 05 august 2007
Dear bernard delalande,

This email confirms that Greg Bernhardt has accepted the 20,60 EUR you sent.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Payment Details

Amount: 20,60 EUR
Transaction ID: 6UL41978WT6234613

To view your PayPal balance or other account information, log into the PayPal website.

Thank you for using PayPal!

PayPal

Copyright © 1999-2007 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal Email ID PP277

No subcription is auto renew as of several months ago. You must have signed up for it before we found the problem. You currently aren't showing as a contributer however. I'll search my reconds and see what happened. Shoot me a PM if you want a refund.

Hi Greg,

I just need the "PF contributor" on the profile page.

1. What should I do if my paid subscription did not automatically renew?

If your paid subscription did not automatically renew, the first step is to check your account to make sure that your payment information is up-to-date and that you have enough funds available. If everything appears to be in order, you can try manually renewing your subscription or contacting customer support for assistance.

2. Why am I still being charged for a subscription that I thought I canceled?

If you are still being charged for a subscription that you thought you canceled, it is possible that the cancellation did not go through properly. Check your account to confirm that the subscription is indeed still active and contact customer support for further assistance in canceling the subscription and receiving a refund if necessary.

3. My subscription expired, but I didn't receive a notification to renew. What should I do?

If you did not receive a notification to renew your subscription, it is possible that the notification was sent to your spam or junk folder. Check these folders and if you still do not see a notification, contact customer support for assistance in renewing your subscription.

4. Can I change the payment method for my subscription?

Yes, you can change the payment method for your subscription. Check your account to see if there is an option to update your payment information. If not, contact customer support for assistance in changing your payment method.

5. My subscription was renewed, but I am unable to access the paid content. What should I do?

If your subscription was renewed, but you are still unable to access the paid content, try logging out and back into your account. If the issue persists, contact customer support for assistance in resolving the issue.