Sun's Layer Dynamics: Charting Individual Motions

• Thread starter mubashirmansoor
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Dynamics
In summary, the conversation is about the motion of the sun's layers and finding information on it. The conversation also mentions a contour plot of the rotation rate inside the sun and a book called "Guide to the Sun" for more information on helioseismology. The topic of a possible relation between the orbit of planets and the movement of the sun's layers is also brought up.
mubashirmansoor
Hello :)

I remember reading, that each of the sun's layers has its very own motion with a different velocity... & unfortunately I wasn't able to find any further information on this issue.

To be more precise, I am looking for a chart describing the motion of each layer independently.

Your guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thank you & Happy new year.

Astronomy news on Phys.org
not on my computer. yours appears to be pdf and goes to the table of contents from which it seems to be impossible to get to page 400 (it goes to page 200 instead).

mine is html and goes directly to page 400.

granpa said:
not on my computer. yours appears to be pdf and goes to the table of contents from which it seems to be impossible to get to page 400 (it goes to page 200 instead).

mine is html and goes directly to page 400.

oh i see …

yes yours is better … thanks! :smile:

Dear Tiny-Tim & Granpa, Many thanks for your kind contributions. :)

I have been wondering if there is any relation between the orbit of the planets & the net movement of the sun's layers... Is there any theory out there?

Thanks again.

Last edited:
what sort of relation are you looking for? tides would be the only relation I would expect.

1. What are the layers of the Sun?

The Sun is composed of several layers, including the core, radiative zone, convective zone, photosphere, chromosphere, and corona.

2. How do the layers of the Sun differ in temperature?

The core, which is the innermost layer, has the highest temperature at around 15 million Kelvin. The temperature decreases as you move outwards, with the photosphere having a temperature of around 5,500 Kelvin and the corona reaching temperatures of up to 2 million Kelvin.

3. What causes the different layers of the Sun?

The layers of the Sun are a result of the varying physical and chemical conditions within the Sun. The core is where nuclear fusion takes place, while the radiative and convective zones are responsible for transporting energy through the Sun. The photosphere is the visible surface of the Sun, and the chromosphere and corona are layers of the Sun's atmosphere.

4. How does the Sun's magnetic field impact its layers?

The Sun's magnetic field plays a crucial role in the dynamics of its layers. It is responsible for the formation of sunspots, solar flares, and coronal mass ejections. These events can affect the temperature and composition of the Sun's layers.

5. How do we study the dynamics of the Sun's layers?

Scientists use a variety of instruments, including telescopes and satellites, to study the dynamics of the Sun's layers. They analyze data from these instruments to understand the physical processes and changes occurring in the Sun's layers. Additionally, computer simulations and models are used to study the dynamics of the Sun's layers in more detail.