What do 'nerdy' guys like in girls?

• Thread starter MissSilvy
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about what qualities nerdy boys like in girls. The group discusses the challenges of dating nerdy guys who are often shy and give mixed signals. Some suggest that nerdy guys may appreciate a direct approach, while others mention qualities such as intelligence, ambition, and being an atheist as attractive to nerdy guys. The conversation also touches on the importance of physical appearance and having a good sense of humor. Overall, the group agrees that nerdy guys have high standards and are looking for someone who is intelligent, accomplished, and kind.
Topher925 said:
Someone who isn't really an atheist and doesn't really believe in god is "agnostic", which I already said was ok. Its sort of like the first step towards atheism. If a girl does believe in god, then personally I believe that she will atomically be violating quality 1 along with quality 3.

There are religious people who are intelligent and ambitious. I haven't met them yet but I have met ordinary people (~+3) who are religious and emotionally intelligent. They are extremely caring, nice, generous, and ethical, and never bring their faith in the conversations - all of them understand the meaning of faith and how it helps them dealing with their life problems. I have seen other too who think everyone but them is going hell :).
(I am agnostic between... but just wanted to point out that there are different kinds out there)

Physics news on Phys.org
I think nerdy guys like pretty girls who are somewhat intelligent (at the very least) and quirky.

This is what I've seen/heard from my super nerdy friends.

Personally, there is no pattern for what kind of girls I like. I swear my mind just picks at random.
EDIT: I should add that I'm not really nerdy.

HUUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE cans.

What a tupical guy answer, but there has to be more...

I'm a geek and I like geeky girls. I just don't meet many unfortunately and they are usually taken.
The girl I dated whom I thought of as the perfect girl for me was a fangirl. She loved comic books, science fiction, fantasy, video games, and even played role playing games when she was younger. I knew I had hit the jackpot when one day she called me and said, "Would you like to go see the new Spiderman movie? Its ok if you don't. I can go by myself."
And there was the time that she was in a bad mood and I made her day by taking her to the arcade to play House of the Dead.

mcknia07 said:

I believe there is a thread somewhere, most likely locked, where Cy has more or less outlined his choice in dating criteria. Not much different than what he posted here. ;-p

mcknia07 said:

HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSss :smile:

See, I knew there was more...:approve: But are you sure there is nothing more?! :uhh:

After meeting several good-looking girls, who turned out to be stupid, un-cool, and etcetera, I decided that the only thing I would value on a girl is intelligence (first) and good-looking face (second), and I don't care about the body. However, I am afraid that I would not be able to have a long-lasting relationship with a girl who has no personal interest in physics (nothing to talk about), or believing in God (I wouldn't be able to fight the urge to make fun of her religion all the time). But that's my outlook only, so it might not apply to all of us. Good luck with hunting down nerdy guys, it shouldn't be hard, but shouldn't be very rewarding either.

Now that's the motivation we all needed...where have you been all my life??!??!??

mcknia07 said:
see, i knew there was more...:approve: But are you sure there is nothing more?! :uhh:

fake titsssssssss?

Ahhh, then you shound't have any problems with finding a girl...well based on your criteria.

Additional requirement I forgot to add: has to be someone within a 100-mile radius. I know because I had a painfully retarded internet relationship. These never end well.

Crazy Tosser said:
Additional requirement I forgot to add: has to be someone within a 100-mile radius. I know because I had a painfully retarded internet relationship. These never end well.

You were also dating Jenna Jameson? She told me I was that 'special one' :sad:

Turns out 'she' was really a 40 year old middle aged white man.

Ivan Seeking said:
Or nice people atheists?

Because they've watched nice guys finish first? Probably applies to girls too.

Disregarding the "nerdy" part I like the following things:

Smile and pretty face
Sweet nice, caring personality
Self confidence, but not too much, just the right amount, lol
Attractive body, but this ties into the self confidence part strongly
Common interests, likes/dislikes, etc
Thats it in a very quickly hacked out summary.

Did I mention big jugs?

Is that like number one on your list Cy?

mcknia07 said:
Is that like number one on your list Cy?

It's right below knockers, but right above fun bags.

Do you show girls your list right on the first date, or do they have to qualify to go on the first date...:rolleyes:

mcknia07 said:
Do you show girls your list right on the first date, or do they have to qualify to go on the first date...:rolleyes:

Oh, I show them something that's not on the list. Wink wink, nod nod...hey why are you handcuffing me officer?

Oh ok..and I bet they all run away right after that one...

Every girl, love a naughty man...

How you doin? (head bob)

Greatest pick-up line ever...works wonders everytime

binzing said:
Disregarding the "nerdy" part I like the following things:

Smile and pretty face
Sweet nice, caring personality
Self confidence, but not too much, just the right amount, lol
Attractive body, but this ties into the self confidence part strongly
Common interests, likes/dislikes, etc
Thats it in a very quickly hacked out summary.

Go away, non-nerd. You are not welcome in this thread.
mcknia07, ignore this advice. An ever-lasting smile and a "sweet" (eww) nice and "caring" (nobody cares, that's right) personality won't get you very far in nerd world.

Why am I ignoring that advise? I don't get it.

mcknia07 said:
Why am I ignoring that advise? I don't get it.

I meant the advice in the quote. >.<

Ahh, gotcha...blonde moment, sorry:blushing: But still, why only me? lol

Lol, fine!

I like someone who:

Is passionate about their study
Goal Oriented
Nice but not too nice(really nice people get on my nerves:mad:)
Cares about health and works out(nice body)
Has common interests, but differences can make a relationship interesting
Likes the outdoors
NOT CLINGY!

Bonus:
Does not mind an open relationship :biggrin:
Gets aroused by physics and maths?
:rofl::rofl:

Newspeak said:
I like someone who:

Is passionate about their study
Goal Oriented
Nice but not too nice(really nice people get on my nerves:mad:)
Cares about health and works out(nice body)
Has common interests, but differences can make a relationship interesting
Likes the outdoors
NOT CLINGY!

Bonus:
Does not mind an open relationship :biggrin:
Gets aroused by physics and maths?
:rofl::rofl:

I totally go with that, especially the "sexually aroused by physics" part

Oh men...:rofl: can't live with 'em...and sure as heck can't live without them

mcknia07 said:
Oh men...:rofl: can't live with 'em...and sure as heck can't live without them
Oh common, my list isn't that unreasonable...except the last two:smile:

Well...ok, I'll give you that little bit. :biggrin:

I like a woman that cooks and cleans and knows her place.

And let me guess, you want her to wear a pretty little dress and heels to do those things too

<h2>1. What qualities do nerdy guys look for in a girl?</h2><p>Nerdy guys often look for intelligence, a good sense of humor, shared interests, and a genuine personality in a girl. They also appreciate someone who is open-minded and curious about the world.</p><h2>2. Do nerdy guys prefer a certain appearance in girls?</h2><p>Nerdy guys do not have a specific preference for appearance in girls. They are more interested in a girl's personality and shared interests. However, many nerdy guys do appreciate someone who takes care of themselves and presents themselves well.</p><h2>3. Are nerdy guys attracted to outgoing or introverted girls?</h2><p>Nerdy guys can be attracted to both outgoing and introverted girls. It ultimately depends on the individual preferences of the guy. Some may enjoy the energy and social skills of an outgoing girl, while others may appreciate the quiet and thoughtful nature of an introverted girl.</p><h2>4. Do nerdy guys like girls who are into the same nerdy things as them?</h2><p>Many nerdy guys do appreciate a girl who shares their interests and passions. However, it is not a requirement for them to be interested in the same things. They may also enjoy introducing their interests to someone who is open to learning about them.</p><h2>5. How can I attract a nerdy guy?</h2><p>The best way to attract a nerdy guy is to be yourself and show genuine interest in their passions and hobbies. Be confident in your intelligence and don't be afraid to engage in deep conversations. Also, don't be afraid to show your own nerdy side and share your own interests with them.</p>

1. What qualities do nerdy guys look for in a girl?

Nerdy guys often look for intelligence, a good sense of humor, shared interests, and a genuine personality in a girl. They also appreciate someone who is open-minded and curious about the world.

2. Do nerdy guys prefer a certain appearance in girls?

Nerdy guys do not have a specific preference for appearance in girls. They are more interested in a girl's personality and shared interests. However, many nerdy guys do appreciate someone who takes care of themselves and presents themselves well.

3. Are nerdy guys attracted to outgoing or introverted girls?

Nerdy guys can be attracted to both outgoing and introverted girls. It ultimately depends on the individual preferences of the guy. Some may enjoy the energy and social skills of an outgoing girl, while others may appreciate the quiet and thoughtful nature of an introverted girl.

4. Do nerdy guys like girls who are into the same nerdy things as them?

Many nerdy guys do appreciate a girl who shares their interests and passions. However, it is not a requirement for them to be interested in the same things. They may also enjoy introducing their interests to someone who is open to learning about them.

5. How can I attract a nerdy guy?

The best way to attract a nerdy guy is to be yourself and show genuine interest in their passions and hobbies. Be confident in your intelligence and don't be afraid to engage in deep conversations. Also, don't be afraid to show your own nerdy side and share your own interests with them.