11 Days of Walking and Playing Badminton at My Friend's House

• Thread starter scotyard
  • Start date
In summary, on the 11 days the person visited their friends, they did 1 activity each day, for a total of 11 activities. They stayed for 16 days.
scotyard

Homework Statement

I visited my friends home during my holidays.Our schedule went like this. We went for a walk in morning and played badminton in the evening. However due to the tiring nature of these, we did only 1 of them each day, i.e either walked or played Badminton. On some days we did neither!On 11 mornings we did nothing, 10 evenings we did nothing, we walked or played Badminton on a total of 11days. How long did i stay@ my friends place?

Homework Equations

How long did i stay @ my friends place?

The Attempt at a Solution

1 activity each day.
total activities=11 events=11 days (morning+evening)
11 mornings+10 eveings did nothing= 10 days + 1 morning.
so, i guess.. 11+11=22 days??

pls confirm the same.

Physics news on Phys.org
You should try to create a system of linear equations. Define a variable for each "activity", and do the sum.

If you do nothing in a morning, it doesn't say that you did nothing in the evening. Your answer is wrong.

If you do nothing in a morning, it doesn't say that you did nothing in the evening.

ok.

activity of 11 days = 11 Morn(M) and 11 evenings(E)
i.e. walk 6 M AND badminton 5 Evenings. This leaves 5 M AND 6 E.

OR

walk 5M and Badminton 6 E. this leaves 6M and 5E- no activity.considering first posssibilty leads nowhere.

But if we consider 2nd possibility;
now, 11 M and 10 E did nothing, including the activity days.
this leaves full day of no activity - 5 M and 5 E= 5 days

hence,
the total days= 11+5days=16 days.

pls confirm.
yahoo.

Last edited:
The answer is correct but the solution is guesswork. The goal of this exercise is to be able to create a mathematical model for the problem.

You have three kinds of day. 1- Walk, 2- Badminton, 3- Nothing. These are your three unknowns, there's also three equations in the question. It will be a lot easier that way than guessing and never be really sure of your answer. Try it!

thanks for guidance

What was the purpose of the experiment?

The purpose of the experiment was to investigate the effects of 11 days of walking and playing badminton at a friend's house on overall physical activity levels and health outcomes.

How was the experiment conducted?

The experiment was conducted by selecting a group of participants to walk and play badminton at a friend's house for 11 consecutive days. The participants were monitored for changes in physical activity levels and health outcomes before, during, and after the experiment.

What were the results of the experiment?

The results of the experiment showed that participants who walked and played badminton at their friend's house for 11 days had increased physical activity levels and improved health outcomes compared to their baseline measurements.

Were there any limitations to the experiment?

Yes, there were limitations to the experiment. The sample size was small and the experiment was conducted in a specific location, which may not be representative of the general population. Additionally, the results may have been influenced by other factors such as diet and lifestyle choices.

What are the implications of the experiment?

The experiment suggests that incorporating physical activity, such as walking and playing badminton, into daily routines can lead to improved health outcomes. This has implications for promoting a more active lifestyle and potentially preventing chronic diseases.