Create or die (a 3 months team mission)

• Thread starter Lama
  • Start date
In summary, the goal of this thread is to find a logical reasoning system that can serve as a common basis for both morality development and technological advancements. The belief is that achieving this goal will increase our chances of surviving the power of our technology. The initial conditions of this thread involve defining concepts such as emptiness, fullness, point, and segment in a mathematical framework. The purpose is to develop a useful system within these initial conditions, while also encouraging participants to think outside of the standard academic system. The focus is not on discussing the original poster's theory, but rather on finding solutions to the given conditions.
Lama
The goal of this thread is to find a logical reasoning system, which can be used as a common basis for both our morality development and our technological developments.

If we achieve this goal, then I think we improve our chances to survive the power of our technology.

==========================================================================

If we look at Drake's equation http://www.setileague.org/general/drake.htm we can find parameter L.

L = The "lifetime" of communicating civilizations, or in other worlds, if there is no natural catastrophe in some given planet, then how some civilization survives the power of its own technology?

If we look on our civilization, I think that we cannot ignore L and in this case we should ask every day "how we survive the power of our technology?"

My work for the last 20 years is one of many possible ways to answer this every day question.

Though my research I have found that if some civilization has no balance between its morality level and its technological level, then there is a very high probability that its L= some n , or in other words it is no longer exists.

Now, let us look at our L and let us ask ourselves: "Do we do all what we have to do in order to avoid some n?"

Most of the power of our technology is based on the Langauge of Mathematics and its reasoning, where the current reasoning is generally based on 0_XOR_1 logical reasoning, and there is nothing in this reasoning which researches the most important question which is: "How do we use this powerful Langauge in order to find the balance between our morality level and our technological level"?

If our answer is: "The Langauge of Mathematics has nothing to do with these kinds of questions", then in my opinion we quickly bring ourselves to find the exact n of our L.

In my opinion, in order to avoid the final n of our L, we have no choice but to find the balance between our morality level and our technological level within the framework of what is called the Langauge of Mathematics.

Furthermore, we should not leave this question to be answered beyond the framework of our scientific methods, because no other framework, accept our scientific method can really determinate the destiny of our L.

THE GAME FOR OUR LIFE

Let us say that we are members of a team that have exactly 3 months to live, unless we create a useful pure mathematical system.

For this mission we have no choice but to define these independent concepts:

1) Emptiness (notated by {})

2) Fullness (notated by {__})

3) A point (notated by {.}}

4) A segment or interval (notated by {._.}

Some initial terms:

$Tautology:
The identity of a thing to itself.

(It means that in this framework we do not need 'if, then' proposition in order to define the self existence of some element, which means A=A holds without using ‘if, then’ proposition)

$Set:
A $set is a collection of objects in which order has no significance, and multiplicity is also ignored.

$Multiset:
A $set-like object in which order is ignored, but multiplicity is explicitly significant.

$Singleton $set:
A $set having exactly one element a. A $singleton $set is denoted by {a}, which is an example of a collction of exactly one element.

$Urelement:(no internal parts)
An $urelement contains no elements, belongs to some $set, and it is not identical to a $set that has no collection of elements in it.

‘=’ notation is used for both $tautology (4=4) and quantity equality (4=2+2), which means that this system has to distinguish between elements not only by their quantity and/or order, but also by their structural properties, for example:

0 = .

1 = 0_1

2 = 0__2

3 = 0___3

4 = 0____4

are all $tautologies, where 4 = 3+1 (for example) is not a $tautology but quantity equality between the two different structures {0____4} and {0___3, 0_1}.

Also any arbitrary segment can be considered as 1, and in this case the rest segments heve their unique notations according to this segment.

Please give your ideas that can help us to survive this mission, thank you.

(All I have to say in this thread can be found only in the opening post, so any dialog with me will be only about the initial conditions, and how to correct them, if you think that they need to be tuned.

It means that I leave the stage for other persons who wish to develop a system from these initial conditions, thank you)

These are only initial conditions, so do what you think is needed to do in order to develop a useful system.

But please do that without ignoring any of the initial conditions.

The nature of this thread (Topic)

The nature of this thread needs more time to develop a meaningful posts because it gives an opportunity to each participator in it to show how he uses its own abilities to survive an unfamiliar situation, which is basically different from what he have learned in the standard academic system.

1) You have to define the initial conditions by yourself (by using your own abilities to survive after 3 months).

2) In order to do that, you have no choice but to look at this situation from a new point of view, which is not the standard logical reasoning of 0_XOR_1, which stands in the basis the standard academic system.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Lama said:
Do you have any idea how we survive this mission?

Would you mind explaining to me how this thread is any different from the one that I just locked?

Hi Tom,

A Good question.

Instead of talking about my theory, I give some initial conditions, and let the presons in this forum the chance to do the job by using their own abilities.

In short, I am not going to talk about my work in this thread.

will anyone offer me odds on that?

It does differ in that no one has yet asked a question that Doron has refused to answer which was one of the reasons the last thread was locked, wasn't it? I am sure though that any questions will only be met with evasion or more ill defined terms, so I'm sure this'll get locked soon enough.

No Matt, The Idea is that This time you do the job by yourself.

All I have to say in this thread can be found only in the opening post, and this time any dialog with me will be only about this first post, and how to correct it, if you think that it need to be tuned.

Last edited:
My first question to whoever is going to kill us is, "Why do you use the word 'tautology' when you obviously don't mean 'tautology?'"

That is, I'm wondering why they misuse words to suit their own purposes. Why do they take words that everyone understands and apply their own meanings?

ex-xian said:
That is, I'm wondering why they misuse words to suit their own purposes. Why do they take words that everyone understands and apply their own meanings?
Because Lama is a crackpot, and this is what crackpots do.

- Warren

I don't think it's the Lama's who are going to kill us, ex-xian (or spit on us or whatever); rather, it is the noble, persecuted community of true Lamas which face destruction unless they can develop a truly great maths based on the teachings of the Great Lama.
Hence, his Lord's post is an urgent call to all the Lamas in the world to produce math, unless they wish to die.

Or something like that..

Come on people,

Please take my first post as a model of not particular known group of people, which find themselves in this situation (like some scene in a movie).

Then please try to start from the initial conditions that can be found in the first post.

I do not know what is going to happen exactly as any other person who read the first post.

Lama said:
Come on people,

Please take my first post as a model of not particular known group of people, which find themselves in this situation (like some scene in a movie).

Then please try to start from the initial conditions that can be found in the first post.

I do not know what is going to happen exactly as any other person who read the first post.
Lama, I posted a question for the executioners. I'm still waiting for an answer.

Ok, I do not no how to answer to your question because I did not learn this particular subject.

More then that, I am sure that there are a lot of subjects in Math that I did not learn.

But I learned very well the most fundamental concepts in their most fundamental states.

Last edited:
Lama,

You are truly one of the most prolific and staunch crackpots I've ever met. I applaud you.

- Warren

Ok, after you all know that I am a crackpot and so on, please read the first post and offer your own solutions, thank you.

Our solution is that you need to go to school and learn mathematics before trying to overturn it. You don't make any sense. You've been posting this same stuff for years on several different forums, and you're always greeted with the same responses. What does that tell you?

- Warren

I have changed any familiar nameS of standard Math that appears in the first post, by adding a '$' prefix to it.

So now let us say that we are starting from scratch.

After all we are in a theory development forum, isn't it?

Last edited:
That's great, but your definitions themselves don't make any sense. Futhermore, you certainly have not provided a rigorous definition of something so complicated as a set.

- Warren

These are only initial conditions, so do what you think is needed to do in order to develop a useful system.

But please do that without ignoring any of the initial conditions.

Last edited:
learn some math for starters...

Hi Kaizer soze,

We are now in a theory development forum, so please read the first post of this thread and try to develop your own system.

don't you see that no one here is interested in that?

Lama said:
But I learned very well the most fundamental concepts in their most fundamental states.
Really? Would you care to prove this by answering some math question? After all, you offered to do this in your other thread.

Dear Kaizer soze,

Please do not look on other persons, since you have your own experience then try to use it in order to develop the initial conditions, thank you.

Right, Lama doesn't it like it when people criticize his insane ramblings -- he just wants you to help him. :confused:

- Warren

ex-xian said:
Really? Would you care to prove this by answering some math question? After all, you offered to do this in your other thread.

You are absolutely right, I do not know any of the standard Math, but now we are in a theory development forum, and I offer you to use your own skills in order to develop a mathematical system according to the initial conditions that can be found in the first post.

Can you do that in order to help to this team?

Last edited:
Lama,

You don't appear to any of us to be intellectually equipped to redefine mathematics.

- Warren

Chroot, please forget about me.

The team in the first post needs you help so please use your own skills and try to help them.

The "team" is you, Lama. You're the only one on this mythical team, and trying to ask us for help in developing your ideas is only going to result in continued laughter.

- Warren

Lama said:
You are absolutely right, I do not know any of the standard Math, but now we are in a theory development forum, and I offer you to use your own skills in order to develop a mathematical system according to the initial conditions that can be found in the first post.

Can you do that in order to help to this team?
Since you've finally admitted that you're mathematically ignorant, it stands to reason that your intial conditions are the product of a mathmatical crank. I don't see the point in pursuing this, and I invite and encourage to actually learn something before you try to rewrite it.

chroot said:
The "team" is you, Lama. You're the only one on this mythical team, and trying to ask us for help in developing your ideas is only going to result in continued laughter.
The initial terms in the first post are very simple.

So, can you use your own skills to develop them?

And you dear ex-xian can you use your talent in order to develop these simple initial terms?

We are in a theory development forum.

Lama said:

We are in a theory development forum.
You keep repeating that as if you believe that it permits you to not make any sense and still be taken seriously. It doesn't.

- Warren

chroot said:
You keep repeating that as if you believe that it permits you to not make any sense and still be taken seriously. It doesn't.
Shall we understand that you cannot deal with these simple initial terms in order to help the team?

Last edited:
Actually, Lama, I'm perfectly capable of dealing with this. Like so many of your other threads which went on for pages and only resulted in locks, this thread is off to a great start.

- Warren

Lama said:
Shall we understand that you cannot deal with these simple initial terms in order to help the team?
Perhaps you should understand it to mean that no one takes you or your juvenile games and theories seriously.

Come on people,

Are you just going to stand and look how this team dies, without even trying to help them?

Lama,

Yup. Pretty much the same thing people have done with all the rest of your thousands of posts.

- Warren