Libyan tweets saying Gaddafi is out

• News
  • Thread starter Newai
  • Start date
In summary, tweets claim that Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Al-Gaddafi has left the country, and reports from the ground are unconfirmed.
Newai
http://news.yahoo.com/unconfirmed-tweets-gaddafi-left-libya-breaking-162251846.html

As rebels surround Libya's capital city of Tripoli, widespread tweets are claiming Libyan leader Colonel Muammar Al-Gaddafi has left the country.

So far, NBC correspondent Richard Engel reports via Twitter that "people are celebrating … still lots of gunfire … but reports from here in Libya still unconfirmed."

Our beloved Hershey Kiss has melted away!

EDIT: Wow. Another tweet claims he's been shot.

Physics news on Phys.org
A rebel official says the military unit in charge of protecting Moammar Gadhafi and the capital Tripoli has surrendered.

Another says his son is captured.

Newai said:
http://news.yahoo.com/unconfirmed-tweets-gaddafi-left-libya-breaking-162251846.html

Our beloved Hershey Kiss has melted away!

EDIT: Wow. Another tweet claims he's been shot.

I'm not a tweeter, so I don't have access to your feed.

I watch http://english.aljazeera.net/watch_now/" when I want to know what's going on in the Middle East.

Though it has been quite a while since I've watched. There has been a bit too much going on everywhere for me to keep up with everything.

What a Tornado of a world we live in!

Last edited by a moderator:
The news link just posted a copy of the tweets. One of the tweeters is Malik Al-Abdeh, Chief Editor of the Syrian pro-democracy channel "Barada TV," for whatever that's worth.

1030-02.jpg

Hang on George; not yet but almost!

It seems the rebels have control of Gadhafi's compound.

Ivan Seeking said:
It seems the rebels have control of Gadhafi's compound.

Yeah, that one seems to be confirmed but earlier they were saying they had 2 of his sons, now they have none and there doesn't seem to be any proof that they ever had even one --- they MAY have, of course, but their credibility is now highly doubtful.

phinds said:
Yeah, that one seems to be confirmed but earlier they were saying they had 2 of his sons, now they have none and there doesn't seem to be any proof that they ever had even one --- they MAY have, of course, but their credibility is now highly doubtful.

The fog of war. But there is no doubt they have control of the compound and most of Tripoli, and that means Gadhafi is on the run or in hiding. They don't need credibility for us to know that.

People were walking out of the compound with gold-plated automatic weapons - clearly Gadhafi's private stash. And not only what must have been his private stash of weapons, they had clearly siezed control of plenty of heavy weapons and light arms all intended for defense of the compound. There is no doubt about that either.

It was reported that they found tea pots still on their lit burners, in Gadhafi's area.

Last edited:
Ivan Seeking said:
The fog of war. But there is no doubt they have control of the compound and most of Tripoli, and that means Gadhafi is on the run or in hiding. They don't need credibility for us to know that.

Agreed. The blood shedding may not be over but we're in the end game. I say "we" awfullly loosely here, since THEY are the ones doing the work and taking the risk. I can say "we" because what THEY are doing is good for all humanity.

Any word of the 40 virgin bodyguards?

I suspect they're on their way back home to Upper Slnevflsodlkinvistan or wherever, figuring that if they hang around they might not stay virgins :smile:

Oh boy.

President Hugo Chavez said Tuesday that Venezuela will continue to recognize Moammar Gadhafi as the leader of Libya and will refuse to recognize a rebel-led interim government.
http://news.yahoo.com/chavez-venezuela-recognizes-only-gadhafi-govt-215855519.html

... Even though he's no longer their leader. :rolleyes:

So, newai, it come as a surprise to you to find out that Chavez is a fruitcake?

No, it doesn't.

it's not surprising at all guys. chavez nationalized venezuela's oil. that actually makes good economic sense for venezuela, and not so great for foreign oil companies that want to exploit it. gaddafi also spoke of such things in public, not much before he ran into his current string of bad luck. so yes, there are a lot of interesting parallels between venezuela and libya.

Ivan Seeking said:
It was reported that they found tea pots still on their lit burners, in Gadhafi's area.

A "TEA Party" was about to begin?:wink:

What are Libyan tweets saying about Gaddafi being out?

Many tweets from Libya are celebrating the news that former dictator Muammar Gaddafi has been ousted from power. They are expressing relief and hope for a better future for their country.

How did the Libyan people react to the news of Gaddafi's ousting?

The Libyan people have responded with joy and excitement to the news of Gaddafi's removal from power. They have taken to social media to express their happiness and relief.

What impact do these Libyan tweets have on the international community?

These tweets are significant in showing the global community the sentiments of the Libyan people and their desire for change. They also serve as a source of information for news outlets and governments.

Are there any concerns or criticisms expressed in these Libyan tweets?

While the majority of tweets are positive, there are also some concerns and criticisms expressed. Some are worried about the future of the country and the potential for violence, while others are critical of Gaddafi's regime and the international community's response.

How do these Libyan tweets reflect the power of social media?

These tweets demonstrate the power of social media as a tool for communication and spreading information. They also show how social media can be used to unite people and amplify their voices for change.

Back