Time Limit for Editing Posts: What You Need to Know

• Thread starter Bartholomew
  • Start date
In summary, the time limit for editing a post on this forum is approximately 86400 seconds (or twenty-four hours). If you need to make a change to an older post, you can PM any Mentor or Admin with the link and the desired change to be made. It is suggested to contact the user "enigma" for faster assistance.
Bartholomew
What's the time limit for editing a post?

Physics news on Phys.org
Twenty-four hours.

Approximately 86400 seconds neglecting all relativistic effects... :tongue2:

Daniel.

P.S.The word "approximately" is put there because Greg doesn't use a Cs-clock to measure seconds... :tongue2:

Last edited:
OK thanks, I was just wondering why I couldn't edit one of my posts and then I saw I couldn't edit any of my older posts. Never noticed that until today.

If you really want your post changed, PM any Mentor or Admin with the link and the change to be done, and one of us will do it. Actually, just send it to enigma. He looks bored. :rofl:

HEY!

I resemble that remark!

What is the purpose of a time limit for editing posts?

The purpose of a time limit for editing posts is to ensure that the content posted on a platform remains accurate and relevant. It also encourages users to carefully consider their posts before publishing them.

How long should the time limit be for editing posts?

The time limit for editing posts can vary depending on the platform and its specific guidelines. Generally, it can range from a few minutes to a few days. It is important for the time limit to be long enough for users to make necessary changes, but not too long that it defeats the purpose of having a time limit.

What happens if I miss the time limit for editing a post?

If you miss the time limit for editing a post, you will no longer be able to make any changes to that specific post. However, some platforms may allow you to delete the post and repost it with the necessary edits.

Can the time limit for editing posts be extended?

In some cases, the time limit for editing posts may be extended. This can be done by the platform moderators or administrators, or through certain settings that allow users to edit their posts for a longer period of time.

Why do some platforms not have a time limit for editing posts?

Some platforms may choose not to have a time limit for editing posts in order to give users more flexibility and control over their content. However, this can also lead to inaccurate or outdated information being shared if users do not take the time to review and update their posts.