Physics Phenomena Encyclopedia

In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's search for a Physics-Encyclopedia and their recommendation for a book called "the physics book" by Clifford a. Pickover. They also provide a link to where the book can be purchased and mention the benefits of buying books online instead of from physical bookstores.
DrPhoton
Since I couldn't start a thread in the learning materials section , I thought this would be a suitable place. I am searching for some sort of Encyclopedia , as the title suggests , I need a Physics-Encyclopedia which covers quite a lot of ground(Classical Physics to Modern Physics). The main reason as to why I am looking for an encyclopedia is to check out phenomena that are alien to me and go into further details and learn about them from external sources.. so basically as a reference. I'd really appreciate amazon links or simply a title with authors name :) Thanks !

Physics news on Phys.org
I recently picked up a book called "the physics book" by Clifford a. Pickover, it's a book that goes over lots of different physics break throughs and phenomena. It has everything from black diamonds at 3 billion bc to quantum resurrection predicted to happen at 100 trillion ad. The book is pretty large and very easy to read and follow. I would definitely recommend it.

Groothouse said:
I recently picked up a book called "the physics book" by Clifford a. Pickover, it's a book that goes over lots of different physics break throughs and phenomena. It has everything from black diamonds at 3 billion bc to quantum resurrection predicted to happen at 100 trillion ad. The book is pretty large and very easy to read and follow. I would definitely recommend it.

Much Appreciated.

Sorry i forgot to post a link. Here is one https://www.amazon.com/dp/1402778619/?tag=pfamazon01-20.
By the way that is probably the best price you will find seeing as i paid 30 dollars for mine from Barnes and noble. When it comes to buying books stay online cause when you buy from most book stores you're paying for the name or the ambiance.

Groothouse said:
Sorry i forgot to post a link. Here is one https://www.amazon.com/dp/1402778619/?tag=pfamazon01-20.
By the way that is probably the best price you will find seeing as i paid 30 dollars for mine from Barnes and noble. When it comes to buying books stay online cause when you buy from most book stores you're paying for the name or the ambiance.

Not to worry I found an ebook version (:

What is the "Physics Phenomena Encyclopedia"?

The "Physics Phenomena Encyclopedia" is an online resource that compiles information and explanations about various physics phenomena. It covers a wide range of topics, from classical mechanics to quantum physics.

Who is the target audience for the "Physics Phenomena Encyclopedia"?

The "Physics Phenomena Encyclopedia" is designed for students, educators, and anyone interested in learning about physics. It is suitable for people of all ages and levels of knowledge, from beginners to experts.

How is the information in the "Physics Phenomena Encyclopedia" organized?

The information in the "Physics Phenomena Encyclopedia" is organized alphabetically by topic. Each entry includes a brief overview of the phenomenon, its key concepts, and relevant equations, as well as links to additional resources for further reading.

Is the information in the "Physics Phenomena Encyclopedia" accurate and reliable?

Yes, the information in the "Physics Phenomena Encyclopedia" is thoroughly researched and reviewed by experts in the field of physics. The content is regularly updated to ensure accuracy and reliability.

Can I contribute to the "Physics Phenomena Encyclopedia"?

Yes, the "Physics Phenomena Encyclopedia" welcomes contributions from qualified individuals. If you have expertise in a particular area of physics and would like to share your knowledge, you can submit an entry or suggest edits to existing entries.