Calculating Flee's Acceleration After Take-Off

In summary, the conversation discusses a flee jumping a horizontal distance of 0.035m at an angle of 70° and the calculation of its starting speed. The person then asks for the flee's average acceleration if the starting speed is achieved after a take-off of 8.0 x 10^(-4)m. The situation is interpreted as the flee having a constant acceleration and the final speed and distance are used to find this average acceleration.
N2
Hello,
A flee jumps a horizontal distance of 0.035m with an angle of 70°.
I calculated the startspeed, v0, to 0.73m/s (projectile motion) - but then I am asked the following:
"What is the flee's average acceleration, if the startspeed is achieved after a take-off on 8.0 * 10^(-4) m"
How should i interpret the this situation?( As the startspeed being zero, and the flee accelerating to point where the speed, v0, is achieved? sounds odd to me)

Physics news on Phys.org
N2 said:
Hello,
A flee jumps a horizontal distance of 0.035m with an angle of 70°.
I calculated the startspeed, v0, to 0.73m/s (projectile motion) - but then I am asked the following:
"What is the flee's average acceleration, if the startspeed is achieved after a take-off on 8.0 * 10^(-4) m"
How should i interpret the this situation?( As the startspeed being zero, and the flee accelerating to point where the speed, v0, is achieved? sounds odd to me)

If you assume a constant acceleration, a (the average acceleration), then the final speed is at= 0.73m/s and the distance is (1/2)at2= 8.0 x10-4m. Solve those two equations to find a.

Hello there,

I would interpret this situation as follows: The flee starts at rest (zero velocity) and accelerates until it reaches a starting speed of 0.73m/s. The distance it travels during this acceleration is 8.0 * 10^(-4) m. This means that the flee's average acceleration can be calculated using the following formula: a = (vf - vi)/t, where vf is the final velocity (0.73m/s), vi is the initial velocity (0m/s), and t is the time it takes to achieve this velocity (which can be calculated using the distance and initial velocity).

Using this formula, we can calculate the flee's average acceleration to be 912.5 m/s^2. This may seem like a high acceleration, but keep in mind that the flee is very small and light, so it is able to achieve this acceleration quickly. I hope this helps to clarify the situation for you. Let me know if you have any further questions.

1. What is the formula for calculating Flee's acceleration after take-off?

The formula for calculating Flee's acceleration after take-off is a = (vf - vi) / t, where a is acceleration, vf is final velocity, vi is initial velocity, and t is time.

2. How do I determine the final velocity of Flee after take-off?

To determine the final velocity of Flee after take-off, you will need to know the initial velocity, acceleration, and time. You can use the formula vf = vi + at to calculate the final velocity.

3. Can I use the same formula to calculate the acceleration of any object after take-off?

Yes, the formula a = (vf - vi) / t can be used to calculate the acceleration of any object after take-off. However, the values for initial velocity, final velocity, and time may differ depending on the object.

4. What units should I use when plugging in values for the acceleration formula?

The units used for the acceleration formula should be consistent. For example, if you are using meters per second for velocity, you should also use seconds for time. This will ensure that the final answer is in units of meters per second squared (m/s^2).

5. How can I use the acceleration formula to improve Flee's take-off performance?

By plugging in different values for initial velocity, final velocity, and time, you can determine the best combination for Flee's take-off performance. This can help you adjust factors such as speed, force, and angle to optimize Flee's acceleration after take-off and improve performance.