Register to reply

Program that accelerates video play speed and keeps audio at normal pitch

by vanmaiden
Tags: accelerate, audio, fast, program, video
Share this thread:
vanmaiden
Jun25-12, 07:33 PM
P: 101
I've been interested in this function Youtube offers on videos ever since I first used it a few months ago. It's amazing. Some videos are just way too long. The speakers will have something very informative to say, but they'll just ramble and/or speak very slowly. For some reason, Youtube only offers this feature that speeds up a video while keeping the audio at a faster rate yet at a normal pitch on some videos. I was hoping there was some program out there that would allow me to do just this.

Thank you
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Law changed to allow 'unlocking' cellphones
Microsoft sues Samsung alleging contract breach
Best evidence yet for coronal heating theory detected by NASA sounding rocket
rcgldr
Jun25-12, 10:01 PM
HW Helper
P: 7,058
Adobe Premiere includes the ability to change speed without changing pitch or vice versa in videos, but it's somewhat expensive. I'm not sure what other video editting programs have this feature.
DaveC426913
Jun25-12, 10:06 PM
P: 15,319
Quote Quote by vanmaiden View Post
I've been interested in this function Youtube offers on videos ever since I first used it a few months ago. It's amazing. Some videos are just way too long. The speakers will have something very informative to say, but they'll just ramble and/or speak very slowly. For some reason, Youtube only offers this feature that speeds up a video while keeping the audio at a faster rate yet at a normal pitch on some videos. I was hoping there was some program out there that would allow me to do just this.

Thank you
Are you looking to do this to someone's video you're watching, or are you looking to do this to a video of your own you're producing?

The latter is possible, I doubt the former is.

Register to reply