Tests Question (How to get 100%?)

• Thread starter Tyrion101
  • Start date
In summary, the speakers discuss their experiences with test-taking and getting a perfect score. One person mentions missing three questions out of 23, resulting in an 85% grade. They express frustration with not being able to achieve a perfect score despite checking and rechecking their answers. The other person advises that practicing regularly and being careful with reading questions can lead to a perfect score. They also suggest sharing the missed questions to potentially figure out why they were answered incorrectly.
Tyrion101
I have noticed that, No matter how well I do, in this case I only missed 3 questions out of 23, but that that is only an 85, I felt really confident about the whole thing, and even had the time to check everything two or three times. I never seem to get a hundred, even though I've checked and rechecked the answer, I won't know till Monday what the 3 questions were, thankfully I don't think that the one I spent a lot of time trying to understand was one. So any advice on how to get over the hump and actually get that mythical 100%?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
20 of 23 correct is about 86.9565%, which I might call 87%, not 85%.

I. Know but I could almost swear that it said 85. Something percent. I was more asking if anyone had anytime that I might not be doing on tests?

@Bahamagreen,
It may be because marks were different for questions.

@Tyrion101,
I always get A* in maths ever since Gr.8.But got a B in grade 7. 65/100.
I got 95 at the first term in Gr.8
The method was to practice.
Algebra was my enemy in gr.7 but with enough practice,it became my best friend.
So practice makes perfect.
Who knows,you may even get 100.

Tyrion101, when you get your test back tomorrow, post the three problems you missed and your answers. Maybe we can figure out why you got them wrong.

Will do, my usual culprits are, didn't read the question right in the first place, or those sign errors

1. How can I ensure that I get 100% on a test?

In order to get 100% on a test, there are a few key steps you can take:

• Prepare in advance by studying and reviewing the material covered in class.
  • Take practice tests or quizzes to assess your understanding and identify areas for improvement.
  • Make sure to get a good night's sleep before the test to ensure your brain is well-rested.
  • Read each question carefully and answer to the best of your ability.
  • Double check your answers and make sure you have not made any careless mistakes.

2. Is it possible to score 100% on every test?

While it is not impossible, it is also not realistic to expect to score 100% on every test. There may be certain factors that are out of your control, such as a difficult test or unexpected material. It is important to focus on doing your best and learning from any mistakes rather than aiming for perfection.

3. Are there any specific study techniques that can help me get 100% on a test?

Everyone learns differently, so it is important to find study techniques that work best for you. Some techniques that have been shown to be effective include creating flashcards, summarizing notes, teaching the material to someone else, and practicing active recall by testing yourself on the material.

4. Should I focus on memorizing information or understanding concepts in order to get 100% on a test?

Both memorization and understanding are important for achieving a high score on a test. While memorization may help with recalling specific facts and details, understanding the concepts behind them will allow you to apply your knowledge to different types of questions. It is important to strike a balance between the two.

5. How can I stay calm and focused during a test to ensure I get 100%?

Staying calm and focused during a test is crucial for performing well. To help with this, try some relaxation techniques before the test, such as deep breathing or positive self-talk. During the test, take breaks if needed and don't rush through the questions. Remember to stay confident and trust in your preparation.