How to Post to Multiple Blogs on PF?

• Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about creating and managing blogs on a forum. The person was trying to figure out how to post to a specific blog category and if there was a way to make private blogs. They also mentioned a thread they found with a similar issue that did not receive a response. There was some discussion about using the "Save as draft" option for private blogs, but there were concerns about being able to keep different blogs separated. The conversation also touched on the issue of categorized blogs being moved to uncategorized when edited, and the person's experience with organizing subscribed threads into folders.
Saladsamurai
Can someone help me out with how this works? My question, specifically, is this:

I have created 2 'Blog categories' let's call them 'A' and 'B' for now.

Now, I thought then when I click on 'Post to Blog' it would give me the option of choosing which Blog I want to post to. But this is not the case.

I would like to have a few different blogs where I can 'think out loud' as that helps me a lot. Is there a FAQ on blogs somewhere?

EDIT: In my searching, I found https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=307162" which got no response.

Has this been resolved? I have yet to use the blog... so if it has not, I won't bother. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
That's too bad. :frown:

Hi folks,

I saw this thread and just thought I'd respond, but unfortunately I have never learned any more information on this issue.

If you want to make a blog that others cannot see (so you can "think out loud", so to speak), it might work to "Save as draft" when you go to post the blog. I think only you will be able to view it then.

I have made a test blog where I did this; if you can read it, then this didn't work. My test blog is here:
https://www.physicsforums.com/blog.php?b=1396

Last edited by a moderator:
Key Redbelly,

I think that worked. Unfortunately I have a few subjects that I would like to do this with. I don't think that it would be worth the time if I could not keep them separated.

I want to say that that problem that you were having with categorized blogs being moved to uncategorized when you edit them might extend into the realm of regular posts too.

I organized most of my subscribed threads into folders, but it seems that some of them are creeping back out into uncategorized archive. And I think that this is occurring as new replies are made to threads that have been put into subfolders. I can't say that I see the point of organizing them if this is the default action that is taken when a reply is made.

1. Can I post to multiple blogs on PF simultaneously?

Yes, you can post to multiple blogs on PF simultaneously by using a cross-posting feature or a third-party social media management tool.

2. How can I schedule posts to be published on multiple blogs at the same time?

You can use a social media management tool, such as Hootsuite or Buffer, to schedule posts to be published on multiple blogs simultaneously at a specific date and time.

3. Is there a limit to the number of blogs I can post to on PF?

Yes, there is a limit to the number of blogs you can post to on PF. Currently, the maximum limit is 10 blogs per account.

4. Can I customize my posts for each blog when posting to multiple blogs on PF?

Yes, you can customize your posts for each blog when posting to multiple blogs on PF. This can be done by selecting the specific blogs you want to post to and editing the content before publishing.

5. Will my posts appear in the same order on all the blogs I post to on PF?

No, the order in which your posts appear on each blog may vary. This depends on the individual settings and preferences of each blog's owner, as well as the time and date of your post's publication.