Relationship help (physics wise that is ;)

In summary, the conversation revolved around finding a formula that relates current to resistance to the heat produced by the resistance, specifically in a liquid or aqueous medium. The link provided discusses the topic and the formula R*I^2 =T was mentioned as a potential option. The person also inquired about a good resource for specific heat tables, and the book "Handbook" with ISBN-10: 1420090844 and ISBN-13: 978-1420090840 was suggested as a possible source.
Frostfire
Im trying to find a formula(s) that link current to resistance to the heat produced by the resistance, simaliar to a heating element only it would be a liquid or aqueous medium

Engineering news on Phys.org
Ah, that helps, I also came across R*I^2 =T, for future referance are these equivalent in some aspect, I am guessing this one has some limitation in regards to what materials it can be used for.

Also does someone on here have a good resource for specific heat tables?

The "Handbook" has these tables I think.

# ISBN-10: 1420090844
# ISBN-13: 978-1420090840

I can offer some insights on the relationship between current, resistance, and heat in a system involving a liquid or aqueous medium.

Firstly, we need to understand the basic principles of Ohm's Law, which states that the current flowing through a conductor is directly proportional to the voltage applied and inversely proportional to the resistance of the conductor. In other words, as the resistance increases, the current decreases, and vice versa.

In the case of a liquid or aqueous medium, the resistance can be affected by factors such as the concentration of ions, the temperature, and the type of liquid. Therefore, the resistance of the medium can vary and impact the amount of current flowing through it.

Now, when current flows through a conductor, it encounters resistance and produces heat due to the collisions between the moving electrons and the atoms in the conductor. This heat is known as Joule heat or resistive heat.

To calculate the heat produced by the resistance in a liquid or aqueous medium, we can use the formula:

Q = I^2 x R x t

Where Q is the heat produced (in joules), I is the current (in amperes), R is the resistance (in ohms), and t is the time (in seconds).

This formula shows that as the current increases, the heat produced also increases, but it is also affected by the resistance and the time for which the current flows.

Additionally, we can also use the formula:

Q = V x I x t

Where V is the voltage applied (in volts). This formula takes into account the relationship between voltage, current, and time to calculate the heat produced.

In conclusion, the relationship between current, resistance, and heat in a system involving a liquid or aqueous medium is complex and can be affected by various factors. The two formulas provided can help in understanding and calculating the heat produced in such a system. However, further experimentation and analysis may be required to determine a more precise and comprehensive formula for this relationship.

1. How does the law of attraction affect relationships?

The law of attraction states that like attracts like, meaning that the energy and thoughts we put out into the universe will ultimately attract similar people and experiences into our lives. In relationships, this can manifest as attracting partners who share similar values, interests, and goals. It can also influence the dynamics of a relationship, as our thoughts and emotions can have a powerful impact on our interactions with our partner.

2. Can the laws of physics explain why relationships end?

While there are many complex factors that can contribute to the end of a relationship, the laws of physics can help explain some of the underlying dynamics. For example, Newton's third law of motion states that for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. In relationships, this can manifest as a lack of balance and compromise, causing conflicts and ultimately leading to the end of the relationship.

3. How can understanding body language improve relationships?

Body language is an important aspect of communication in relationships. By understanding the physical cues and gestures that our partner may be displaying, we can better interpret their emotions and intentions. This can help improve communication and foster a deeper understanding and connection with our partner.

4. Is there a scientific explanation for the "spark" in a relationship?

The "spark" in a relationship can be attributed to a combination of factors, both physical and psychological. From a physics perspective, the release of certain chemicals and hormones in the brain, such as dopamine and oxytocin, can create a sense of attraction and excitement. However, the spark is also influenced by emotional and psychological factors, such as compatibility and shared experiences.

5. How can the laws of thermodynamics be applied to relationships?

The laws of thermodynamics, which govern energy and entropy in a system, can also be applied to relationships. For example, the second law states that disorder, or entropy, will always increase in a closed system. In relationships, this can manifest as a decrease in passion and effort if both partners do not actively work to maintain and nurture the relationship. By understanding these laws, we can make conscious efforts to keep our relationships healthy and thriving.