Wake Up Your Foot - Simple & Tried Solution

• Thread starter polyb
  • Start date
In summary, when your foot falls asleep, you can relief the pain by applying pressure to the pressure point located between the thumb and index finger on the back of your calf.
polyb
How many times has your foot(or leg) 'fallen asleep'? How annoyed have you been by waiting for it to 'wake up'?

Wait no further! I have a tried and true way to fix this annoying ailment. It's very simple. First, from what I have learned this odd phenomena happens when the nerve channel has been 'pinched off' long enough to prevent the flow of ions that relays the message to your brain(feel free to correct me if I am wrong). The tingling sensation is the eventual reestablishment of the the ion transport that is indicative of normal nerve function. So how could one get the ions flowing again so you don't have to suffer the annoying and sometimes agonizing pain of 'sleeping feet'? Easy, pump the nerve channel to promote the ion flow. For your foot it is real easy. Do the following next time your foot 'falls asleep'. On the back of your calf where the two muscles comes together there is a 'pressure point' that when pushed will pump those ions, this area is associated with the 'sciatic nerve'. It is easy to locate because it is very sensitive and when you press it you will feel a some pain. I am sure there are others here who could give a much better description than myself.

I figured this out when I was learning martial arts, we were covering pressure points and how to use them against your opponents. I had recently came across some material that discussed why your foot or other limbs 'fall asleep'. Well I put two and two together and had an idea. So the next time I was in class taking notes and my foot 'fell asleep' I tried my new fangled notion and it worked. Give it a try, I just did it sitting here reading the internet and that is what prompted me to pass it along. So let me know if it works for you!

Physics news on Phys.org
Interesting polyb. I will certainly try it.

I have had luck working the pressure point located between the thumb and index finger to relieve some headaches. I was told that it works by a message therapist or the like, and maybe 25% of the time it seems to provide relief.

Ivan Seeking said:

I have had luck working the pressure point located between the thumb and index finger to relieve some headaches. I was told that it works by a message therapist or the like, and maybe 25% of the time it seems to provide relief.

I heard about that! I just really don't get headaches, except for the allegorical ones! I find humor works with those.

I'm serious though, it should work, it does more for me. The thesis is very simple and sound.

Ivan Seeking said:

I've tried that and it works, but being the skeptic I am, tried pressing on random other body parts, and got the same result. What is it about concentrating on applying pressure to one body part that takes your mind off the pain in another body part?

I know of another excellent headache cure, but figure everyone old enough to try it already knows it too. :wink:

Not sure applying pressure to a nerve makes sense for waking up a foot though. It doesn't take that long to wake up, how do you know the time it took to find the pressure point wasn't all there was to it?

Anyway, here's a site with a simple, but decent explanation of what happens when you put a body part to sleep.
http://science.howstuffworks.com/question552.htm

Moonbear said:
I've tried that and it works, but being the skeptic I am, tried pressing on random other body parts, and got the same result. What is it about concentrating on applying pressure to one body part that takes your mind off the pain in another body part?

Nah. It's more than that. Why doesn't it work if I message my neck?

What is the cause of headaches?

Last edited:
Moonbear said:
Not sure applying pressure to a nerve makes sense for waking up a foot though. It doesn't take that long to wake up, how do you know the time it took to find the pressure point wasn't all there was to it?

I've tested it Moonie plus I can find the pressure point quickly enough to know the time difference, it takes me only a second to find it. At least for my pathetic body, it makes a difference of a minute easily and plus the sensation of pins and needles is greatly reduced. When I was a student, waiting around for my feet to 'wake up' in a class so I could get on to the next thing was a pain. A lot of times I could not even walk until I had enough sensation in my foot. Even then the dreaded pins and needles feeling took several minutes to subside. So for my lack of understanding and speculation as to why it works I can say that without doubt it does work based on my own empirical experience. So go ahead and find that pressure point. Next time your foot falls asleep give it a few good pushes with your thumb and tell me your results.

Oh yeah, there is a similar point on your forearm where your muscles come together, the little "V", and doing this trick works there too. Plus if your ever find yourself in a situation and you hit that point on someone elses arm hard enough, it will be of no use to them for a little bit, at least long enough to knock there block off!

Something tells me your body is a lot more "chiseled" than mine! I don't know what "V" you mean on my forearm. No spots that hurt when I press them either. :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
Something tells me your body is a lot more "chiseled" than mine! I don't know what "V" you mean on my forearm. No spots that hurt when I press them either. :rolleyes:

Only one arm is cut and chiseled!:rofl:

OK, drop that. I lack the human anatomy knowledge to describe it, so I now I fel like a fool! :uhh:

Maybe by time you find your pressure points your foot will wake up.:rofl:

Let me see if I can find something that you can go by. If I was physically there to show you it would only take a second. o:)

polyb said:
Let me see if I can find something that you can go by. If I was physically there to show you it would only take a second. o:)

Yeah, if you were physically here to show me, that's not what I'd want to be shown. :devil: :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Yeah, if you were physically here to show me, that's not what I'd want to be shown. :devil: :biggrin:

Only if you got those beads! :rofl:

polyb said:
Only if you got those beads! :rofl:

You're killing me here! The reply I want to post would be totally inappropriate; let your imagination roam. :bugeye: :tongue2:

Moonbear said:
You're killing me here! The reply I want to post would be totally inappropriate; let your imagination roam. :bugeye: :tongue2:

You shouldn't make suggestions like that moonie, otherwise... :rofl:

Moonie! How Could You! Think About Tribdog. :

I am appalled moonbear! APPALLED!

Smurf said:
Moonie! How Could You! Think About Tribdog. :

I am appalled moonbear! APPALLED!

Smurf, it is all in the tradition of mardis gras!:rofl:

Where's your sense of 'traditional values'?:rofl:

My psychology teacher last year did the whole pressure on the hand trick, and he said it's a common myth, and it's just the Placebo effect. Apparently it's more well-documented than most people here thought.

Oh, and my parents still don't believe me when I tell then what happens with women at Mardi Gras.

KingNothing said:
My psychology teacher last year did the whole pressure on the hand trick, and he said it's a common myth, and it's just the Placebo effect. Apparently it's more well-documented than most people here thought.

I don't get headaches so I have not tried that one. But the pressure point thing with the sleeping limbs does work, I know, I use it all the time! That's why I passed it along plus I discovered it myself by some strange circumstance.

KingNothing said:
Oh, and my parents still don't believe me when I tell then what happens with women at Mardi Gras.

Tell them that women exchange beads for shows too!:rofl:
I guess that is only fair!:rofl:

polyb said:
Tell them that women exchange beads for shows too!:rofl:
I guess that is only fair!:rofl:

Aside from the fact that you're just not supposed to tell your parents what happens at Mardis Gras, it's just not fair that if the men give the women beads for shows, they get shows, but if the women give men beads for shows, the men get arrested! :grumpy: It's sexist I tell ya!

Moonbear said:
Aside from the fact that you're just not supposed to tell your parents what happens at Mardis Gras, it's just not fair that if the men give the women beads for shows, they get shows, but if the women give men beads for shows, the men get arrested! :grumpy: It's sexist I tell ya!

That's right, sexist ,pigheaded, and no fun!:yuck: What a bunch of insecure rednecks, maybe they think they'll start turning gay if they see other men's parts! With all of their homophobia I really wonder what is going on in their brains? Scratch that, I really don't want to know!:yuck:

Hell, I figure I have to 'earn' my beads as well as the woman. I would be proud to display my eranings and of course exchange them to the ladies for a show! :biggrin:

I think I want to start a 'Men's Mardi Gras Suffrage' movement! Down with those dumb bullies who think it is their place to tell others how to live because of their irrational insecurities! :grumpy:

polyb said:
Hell, I figure I have to 'earn' my beads as well as the woman. I would be proud to display my eranings and of course exchange them to the ladies for a show! :biggrin:

Well, maybe if you displayed those beads by hanging them around...um...on...um...:blushing:...so that they provided coverage (that's better), the ladies would be happy and they couldn't arrest you for showing anything you're not supposed to show. :biggrin:

Moonbear said:
Well, maybe if you displayed those beads by hanging them around...um...on...um...:blushing:...so that they provided coverage (that's better), the ladies would be happy and they couldn't arrest you for showing anything you're not supposed to show. :biggrin:

Well, there's my plan for next year.

Originally posted by polb:
On the back of your calf where the two muscles comes together there is a 'pressure point' that when pushed will pump those ions, this area is associated with the 'sciatic nerve'.
What is the angle of the dangle of the pressure point? Where exactly is it located? How many inches below where the upper leg joins with calf and is it in the middle?

Grace said:
What is the angle of the dangle of the pressure point?

:rofl: that's funny!:rofl:

Push straight on, you'll know when you hit the right spot!(Where have I heard that before?:rofl:)

Grace said:
Where exactly is it located? How many inches below where the upper leg joins with calf and is it in the middle?

For my lack of genaral anatomy knowledge, the best I could say is that it would be about three to four inches below the back of your knee just about the center of the calf. It is right about where the two calf muscles come together. It is where the syatic(?) nerve kind of ends in your calf before it goes to your feet.

Maybe this picture will help:
http://www.lsm-inc.com/images/b16_36.gif

Either 35 or 36 are the ones your trying to hit. I know it sounds goofy but it does work for me!:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is "Wake Up Your Foot - Simple & Tried Solution"?

"Wake Up Your Foot - Simple & Tried Solution" is a method for improving foot strength and flexibility. It involves a series of exercises and stretches that can be done at home or in a gym.

2. How does "Wake Up Your Foot - Simple & Tried Solution" work?

The exercises and stretches in "Wake Up Your Foot - Simple & Tried Solution" help to strengthen the muscles in your foot and ankle, improving stability and balance. This can also help to prevent injuries and improve overall foot health.

3. Who can benefit from "Wake Up Your Foot - Simple & Tried Solution"?

Anyone can benefit from "Wake Up Your Foot - Simple & Tried Solution", regardless of age or fitness level. It is particularly useful for individuals who spend a lot of time on their feet, such as athletes, dancers, and those with jobs that require standing for long periods of time.

4. How often should I do "Wake Up Your Foot - Simple & Tried Solution" exercises?

The frequency of "Wake Up Your Foot - Simple & Tried Solution" exercises will depend on your individual needs and goals. It is recommended to start with 2-3 times per week and gradually increase as you become more comfortable with the exercises.

5. Can "Wake Up Your Foot - Simple & Tried Solution" help with foot pain?

Yes, "Wake Up Your Foot - Simple & Tried Solution" can help to alleviate foot pain by strengthening the muscles and improving flexibility. However, if you are experiencing chronic or severe foot pain, it is important to consult a medical professional for proper diagnosis and treatment.