Ad for Readingfanatic.com?

• Thread starter harrylin
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a user following a banner ad to readingfanatic.com and being prompted to install software from a suspicious website. The respondent explains that these are ads served by Google and advises reporting the situation directly to Google. The user then asks for clarification on where to find the "ad corner" and the respondent explains it is on the ad banner itself. The user thanks the respondent for banning the ad.
harrylin
Hi I followed a banner ad here for readingfanatic.com, which when clicking on "click here" without any explanation tried to install software from [noparse]http://ak. imgfarm.com/[/noparse]. Don't know what to think of that... :uhh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
harrylin said:
Hi I followed a banner ad here for readingfanatic.com, which when clicking on "click here" without any explanation tried to install software from [noparse]http://ak. imgfarm.com/[/noparse]. Don't know what to think of that... :uhh:

These are ads served by google, thank you for reporting it here, you shoul also report such situations directly to Google - if memory serves me well, to do so you can click on the "AdChoices" link in the ad corner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Borek said:
These are ads served by google, thank you for reporting it here, you shoul also report such situations directly to Google - if memory serves me well, to do so you can click on the "AdChoices" link in the ad corner.
Thanks - eh, where is the "ad corner"?

harrylin said:
Thanks - eh, where is the "ad corner"?

Ad banner is rectangular and has four corners, doesn't it?

Borek said:
Ad banner is rectangular and has four corners, doesn't it?
Ah, now I see it, on the ad banner itself. :smile:

I've banned the ad, thanks

1. What is Readingfanatic.com?

Readingfanatic.com is an online platform that offers a wide range of books, audiobooks, and e-books for readers of all ages and interests. It also provides personalized book recommendations and a community for book lovers to discuss and share their reading experiences.

2. How does Readingfanatic.com work?

Readingfanatic.com uses advanced algorithms and user data to create personalized book recommendations based on your reading preferences and history. Users can also browse and search for books, purchase or borrow them, and interact with other readers on the platform.

3. Is Readingfanatic.com free to use?

Signing up and creating an account on Readingfanatic.com is completely free. However, purchasing or borrowing books may require payment. There are also some premium features available for a fee, such as unlimited book recommendations and exclusive discounts on books.

4. Can I access Readingfanatic.com on all devices?

Readingfanatic.com is accessible on all devices with an internet connection, including computers, smartphones, and tablets. The platform also has a mobile app available for download on both iOS and Android devices.

5. Is my personal information safe on Readingfanatic.com?

Readingfanatic.com takes user privacy very seriously and follows strict security protocols to protect personal information. Your data is only used to improve your reading experience and is never shared with third parties without your consent.