ROLL UP FIX: Physics Forums Login Issue on Win XP

• Thread starter spacecadet11
  • Start date
In summary, when Greg attempted to open the "PF Movie Night" link, he was met with an error message that said "Waiting for api.viglink.com..." and the link was blocked for a period of 45 seconds.
spacecadet11
Hello. Whenever I get to the first log in page at Physics Forums...by default I am at the bottom of the screen. I then have to go to the right hand side of the page and use the scroll bar to climb back to the top of the page so I can log in. Why is that? Is there something I can do? I am using Windows XP. Will physics forums be able to fix such an issue or recommend a fix for me?
Thanks for any and all responses
Bye
SC

Physics news on Phys.org
Hello. Thanks for the response. Unfortunately the computer I am using at this time I believe does not allow me to 'disable' JavaScript. In a short while I am going to get to 'another' computer and see if I can do it there..so in the future I will let you know if that does the trick.

Sorry about this question..I might simply be able to figure it out myself... but since I'm at a computer right now..how does one go about disabling JavaScript?

Thanks
SC

Last edited:
What browser do you use?

Hello. Thanks for the response. I am using a 'Brampton Library' computer.

I believe it uses a Windows XP operating system.

A much better computer that I use is at a 'work related computer resource center'

Bye
SC

No, I am asking about program that is installed on the computer and used to browse web pages. If it is on XP it is most likely Internet Explorer, Firefox or Google Chrome.

Hello.

Internet Explorer.

Bye
SC

It just happened when I tried to open "PF Movie Night". It was locked up long enough for me to note the message at the bottom of my screen: "Waiting for api.viglink.com..."

It was maybe 45 seconds.

lisab said:
It just happened when I tried to open "PF Movie Night". It was locked up long enough for me to note the message at the bottom of my screen: "Waiting for api.viglink.com..."

It was maybe 45 seconds.
That's a tracking service Greg uses, that's something different.

1. What is the "ROLL UP FIX" for the Physics Forums login issue on Win XP?

The "ROLL UP FIX" refers to a solution that was discovered by users to resolve a login issue on Physics Forums for those using Windows XP operating system. It involves modifying a security setting in Internet Explorer.

2. How does the login issue on Win XP affect users on Physics Forums?

The login issue on Win XP prevents users from accessing their accounts on Physics Forums, making it difficult for them to participate in discussions and access certain features on the website.

3. What is the cause of the login issue on Win XP for Physics Forums?

The login issue on Win XP is caused by a security setting in Internet Explorer that is not compatible with the login system on Physics Forums, resulting in error messages and failed login attempts.

4. Is the "ROLL UP FIX" the only solution for the login issue on Win XP for Physics Forums?

While the "ROLL UP FIX" has been proven to work for many users, it may not be the only solution for the login issue on Win XP for Physics Forums. Some users have reported success with adjusting their Internet Explorer settings or using a different browser altogether.

5. Is there a similar issue with other operating systems or browsers on Physics Forums?

There have been reports of similar login issues on Physics Forums for users on other operating systems and browsers, but they may have different causes and solutions. It is recommended to check the Physics Forums support forum for updates and troubleshooting tips specific to your system.