Posting Questions about LaTeX: Subscripts and Symbols

In summary, subscripts in LaTeX are small characters or symbols placed below and to the right of a larger character or symbol. They are used for indices, chemical formulas, and mathematical expressions. To create a subscript, use the underscore symbol (_) after the base character or symbol, followed by the subscript enclosed in curly braces. Symbols in LaTeX are characters or glyphs representing mathematical or scientific concepts and can be inserted using their corresponding commands or in math mode. There are several resources available for finding symbols and their corresponding commands in LaTeX, such as the LaTeX Symbols List and Detexify symbol recognition tool.
annoymage
Firstly, where do I have to post if i have a question on LaTeX?

and here's the question,

[itex]\vdash_{A}[/itex]

how do I make that subscript exactly below the line - on that simbol?

Physics news on Phys.org
Code:
\mathop{\vdash}_{A}
will produce [itex]\mathop{\vdash}_{A}[/itex]. You could also use \stackrel and play with sizing and spacing.

Likes 1 person

What are subscripts in LaTeX?

In LaTeX, subscripts are small characters or symbols that are placed below and to the right of a larger character or symbol. They are often used to represent indices, chemical formulas, and mathematical expressions.

How do I create subscripts in LaTeX?

To create a subscript in LaTeX, use the underscore symbol (_) after the character or symbol that you want to be the base. Then, type the subscript after the underscore, enclosed in curly braces ({ }). For example, "H_2O" will produce the chemical formula for water.

What are symbols in LaTeX?

In LaTeX, symbols are characters or glyphs that represent specific mathematical or scientific concepts. They can include Greek letters, arrows, operators, and other special characters.

How do I use symbols in LaTeX?

To use symbols in LaTeX, you can either type the symbol directly using its corresponding command or use the "math mode" to insert symbols as part of a mathematical expression. For example, "\alpha" will produce the Greek letter alpha, and "$\frac{1}{2}$" will produce the fraction 1/2.

Are there resources available for finding symbols and their corresponding commands in LaTeX?

Yes, there are many resources available online for finding symbols and their corresponding commands in LaTeX. Some popular options include the LaTeX Symbols List, the Detexify symbol recognition tool, and the Comprehensive LaTeX Symbol List.