Repeatablity of flowmeter

by rollingstein
Tags: flowmeter, repeatablity
Share this thread:
rollingstein
Oct1-13, 08:07 AM
PF Gold
P: 330
Can a flow meter whose scale has graduations only 2 units apart (e.g. 90,92,94,96,98,100) have a legitimate advertised repeatablity of 0.5% of the Full Scale?

The scale runs 0 to 100 so that'd mean readings repeatable within 0.5%. When marks itself are 2 units apart how does this make sense?

In particular, I was referring to this instrument:

http://www.omega.com/Green/pdf/FL1500.pdf
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Hoverbike drone project for air transport takes off
Student develops filter for clean water around the world
Developing the next evolution in underwater communication
Integral
Oct1-13, 08:57 AM
Mentor
P: 7,315
That means that for a given flow, the bob will always return to within .5% the same spot every time. Not sure how the spacing of the scale lines could possibly effect that.
rollingstein
Oct1-13, 09:03 AM
PF Gold
P: 330
Quote Quote by Integral View Post
That means that for a given flow, the bob will always return to within .5% the same spot every time. Not sure how the spacing of the scale lines could possibly effect that.
In the sense, if you do not have a fine enough spacing of scale lines how do you know it returned to the same spot or how close to the same spot.

I guess an external mark, but to a user of the instrument isn't any repeatablity less than the minimum scale graduation a lost metric. How can he use it?

Register to reply