Register to reply

Calculation of Lorentz Force in Generator and its mass equivalence

Share this thread:
Alkemist
Feb3-14, 11:34 PM
P: 67
Greetings All -
Per F=BIL I can calculate quantity of Force on coil (or magnet), when I draw certain amount of current from the generator.
So I need help in calculating the Force and then weight equivalent of it. Let's say I have Single coil [with 300 turns] generator [wire length = 92 meter], when I move that coil over Magnets in short circuit condition, I sense the opposite force [F] as current [I = 5 amp] passes through the coil. I calculate the amount of opposite force, being exerted on coil for that current as: B = (0.5 T)

F = 0.5 * 5 * 92 = 230 N/Amp.m [Am I correct in Units?], this means I feel the force of 230 N/Amp.m continuously.

Now I want to know how can I relate this force to weight equivalent? I mean when I hold 1 kg weight in my hand I feel F = 9.8 kg.m/s.s

Any help?
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
Hoverbike drone project for air transport takes off
Student develops filter for clean water around the world
Developing the next evolution in underwater communication

Register to reply