I with 1 question. VERY PLEASE

• Thread starter STAR3URY
  • Start date
It's not a proof, but it's ok.In summary, the conversation discusses finding the function f(x) given that F[g(x)] = R(x) and both g(x) and R(x) are known. The solution involves using logical reasoning and finding the inverse of g(x) in order to determine that f(x) = R(x)/g(x). The conversation also clarifies that the composition of functions is used, rather than multiplication, and that the answer is valid if F(g) = g(F) and R(g) = g(R).
STAR3URY
I need help with 1 question. VERY URGENT PLEASE!

Homework Statement

if F[g(x)] = R(x) where g(x) and r(x) is known find f(x).

Homework Equations

none

The Attempt at a Solution

I did it but i don't know if it is right:

(g^-1 of x) = x

so...

F(x) = r(g^-1 of x)

Physics news on Phys.org
f(x)=R(x)/g(x)

Numzie said:
f(x)=R(x)/g(x)

how did u get that?

Well I'm not 100% certain its that but I just used logic. Division is the inverse of multiplication so if f[g(x)]=R(x) then f(x)=R(x)/g(x). i.e. f[g(2)]=12 then f(x)=12/2. 12/2=6 and 6(2)=12

Numzie said:
Well I'm not 100% certain its that but I just used logic. Division is the inverse of multiplication so if f[g(x)]=R(x) then f(x)=R(x)/g(x). i.e. f[g(2)]=12 then f(x)=12/2. 12/2=6 and 6(2)=12

It's not multiplication. It's composition of functions. And assuming g is invertible then the OP is correct. Except don't say g^(-1)(x)=x. That's ridiculous. g(g^(-1)(x))=x.

Last edited:
Isn't the OP correct only if F(g) = g(F) and R(g) = g(R) ?

EnumaElish said:
Isn't the OP correct only if F(g) = g(F) and R(g) = g(R) ?

No. The OP is ok with the answer. What the OP means to say is substitute y=g(x), so x=g^(-1)(y). So F(y)=R(g^(-1)(y)). Now just replace the dummy y with x.

What is the purpose of "I with 1 question. VERY PLEASE"?

The purpose of "I with 1 question. VERY PLEASE" is to request assistance or information related to a specific topic or problem.

How can I phrase my question for the best response?

To ensure a helpful response, it is best to be clear and concise in your question. Avoid using slang or ambiguous language and provide any necessary context or background information.

What type of questions can I ask using "I with 1 question. VERY PLEASE"?

You can ask any question related to a specific topic or problem. This can range from factual questions to seeking opinions or advice.

Can I ask multiple questions using "I with 1 question. VERY PLEASE"?

No, the format of "I with 1 question. VERY PLEASE" is intended for one specific question or request at a time. If you have multiple questions, it is best to ask them separately.

Do I need to provide any additional information when using "I with 1 question. VERY PLEASE"?

It is helpful to provide any necessary context or background information in order to receive a comprehensive response. However, only include relevant information and avoid sharing personal or sensitive details.