What are your favorite websites for science news, videos, and podcasts?

In summary, the conversation is about recommendations for sources of science-related content. The participants mention using forums, websites, podcasts, and magazines like Scientific American and Discover. They also recommend specific podcasts such as Radio Lab and Science Friday, as well as podcasts from scientific journals like Science, Nature, and Cell. The conversation emphasizes the importance of staying up-to-date and finding interesting new studies.
Brilliant!
The thread title pretty much says it all. In most cases, the thread starter would post some of their favorites to get the thread started, but I don't know of any. And that's why I've come to you for some recommendations. So, post em up! :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
I use this place, duh!

I was going to say, this forum.

Of course! But I can't record you and put you on my iPod and listen to you in my car. Unless I use some text-to-speech program, but I can only bare Stephen Hawking for a few moments before I'm wishing I was reading instead.

I find it hard to believe there's no other place but here that you guys get your info!

nature has some free stuff for viewing.

How about magazines like Scientific American or Discover.
They're great for keeping up to date and finding links to interesting new studies. And their websites have a whole bunch of links to podcasts, blogs, books, etc. etc.

Two good science-related podcasts are Radio Lab and Science Friday. Radio Lab is a great program that, while it doesn't really delve into science too deeply, presents a lot of good stories on science-related issues. Science Friday is also fairly light on delving deeply into science, but presents some good reporting on interesting science news. If you really want a podcast focused on hard science, many of the publishers of scientific journals have podcasts, including Science, Nature, and Cell (Cell also has nice audio media covering featured papers in the journal).

1. What are the best websites for science news?

Some of the best websites for science news include ScienceDaily, Scientific American, and LiveScience. These websites provide up-to-date and reliable information on various scientific topics and discoveries.

2. What are some websites for science videos?

YouTube is a great source for science videos, as there are many channels dedicated to science and education. Some other websites for science videos include TED Talks, National Geographic, and Discovery Channel.

3. Where can I find science podcasts?

There are many websites where you can find science podcasts, such as iTunes, Spotify, and Stitcher. Some popular science podcasts include Radiolab, Science Vs, and Stuff You Should Know.

4. Are there any websites specifically for science news and videos for kids?

Yes, there are many websites that provide science news and videos suitable for kids. Some examples include Science News for Students, National Geographic Kids, and PBS Kids Science.

5. Can you recommend any websites for in-depth and technical science content?

Websites like ScienceDirect, Nature, and Science Magazine provide in-depth and technical science content, including research articles and scientific papers. These websites require a subscription or membership for full access to their content.