Topics to study for BE (B-Tech) First Sem

In summary, the speaker is from India and wants to transfer to a US university next year. They plan to take the SAT and TOEFL exams and are looking for advice on what math and physics topics to focus on in preparation for their first semester. They are also seeking any other helpful information for transferring to a US university. The suggested topics to study include algebra, trigonometry, basic calculus, linear systems, probability and statistics, and basic physics topics. Additionally, general study strategies such as active reading and note-taking are recommended.
snshusat161
Hello!
I am from India and I want transfer in any US university next year. For that I think I need to give SAT and TOEFL but as I want transfer I also need to perform excellent in the college to which I'm going to take admission now. It's nearly 15-30 days left for my admission and so I want to prepare myself for the coming difficulties in the first semester. So I want to know which portion of Mathematics and Physics I should study thoroughly now so that I can ease up my study when I enter college. And if You can give any other information which going to help me in my transfer to US universities, I will be very thankful to you.

Note: I only have 15-30 days to study, so don't just say like Calculus or Mechanics. I want to know specific portions.

Branch I am going to take is either Computer Science or Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Thanks in Advance.

Physics news on Phys.org
Given the limited time period, I would recommend focusing on the fundamental topics that are common to both computer science and electronics and communication engineering. This would include topics such as algebra, trigonometry, basic calculus, linear systems, probability and statistics, and basic physics topics including Newton's Laws of Motion, electric fields, and electrical circuits. These topics will form the foundation for more advanced topics that you will learn in college. Additionally, it would be helpful to review general study strategies that can help you succeed in college, such as active reading, note-taking, and test preparation techniques. Best of luck with your studies!

1. What are the core subjects that I need to study in my first semester of BE (B-Tech)?

The core subjects that you need to study in your first semester of BE (B-Tech) typically include mathematics, physics, chemistry, engineering drawing, and basic programming. These subjects lay the foundation for your further studies in the field of engineering.

2. Are there any elective subjects that I can choose from in my first semester?

It depends on the university or college you are enrolled in. Some institutions may offer elective subjects in the first semester, while others may introduce them in the following semesters. It is best to check with your academic advisor or refer to your course curriculum for more information.

3. Do I need to have a strong background in science to study BE (B-Tech) in my first semester?

While a strong foundation in science subjects like mathematics, physics, and chemistry can be helpful, it is not a mandatory requirement to begin studying BE (B-Tech) in your first semester. The introductory courses in these subjects will provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to excel in your engineering studies.

4. What are some recommended study tips for BE (B-Tech) first semester?

To excel in your first semester of BE (B-Tech), it is essential to attend all your lectures and take thorough notes. Practice solving problems and numericals regularly to strengthen your understanding of the concepts. Make use of study resources like textbooks, online tutorials, and study groups to clarify any doubts you may have.

5. How can I prepare for my BE (B-Tech) first semester exams?

To prepare for your first semester exams, make sure to revise your class notes regularly and solve previous year question papers. Create a study schedule and stick to it, with enough time dedicated to each subject. Seek help from your professors or classmates if you have any doubts, and make use of study resources like textbooks and online tutorials.