Mathematica:Please help me to solve numerical integration

In summary, Mathematica is a software program used for mathematical and scientific computations. It has the ability to solve various types of integrals, including complex integrals, using advanced algorithms and built-in functions. The process of solving numerical integration in Mathematica involves defining the function, specifying limits, and using built-in functions or algorithms. However, it may have limitations in solving extremely complex integrals or those with unknown variables, and its solutions should be verified for accuracy.
shafieza_garl
i have problem regarding to the numerical method. my problem is from da attachment,if i replace x with value 1,it will get da answer by using NIntegrate.I want to know if i can get the value of t_minimum from the answer.thanks a lots.

Attachments

• numerical1.jpg
    numerical1.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 448
Physics news on Phys.org
You mean the minimum of the integral value in terms of x? If so, then how about:

Code:
f[t_] := 0.25*
   ((-4037.89 + Exp[0.015*t]*(4044.44 - 
        66.6667*t))/Exp[0.015*t])^2
myint[(x_)?NumericQ] := NIntegrate[f[t], 
   {t, 0, x}]
Plot[myint[x], {x, 0, 2}]
FindMinimum[{Evaluate[myint[x]], 
   0.5 <= x <= 1.5}, {x, 1}]

1. What is Mathematica?

Mathematica is a powerful software program used for various mathematical and scientific computations. It is commonly used by scientists, engineers, and mathematicians to solve complex problems and equations.

2. How does Mathematica solve numerical integration?

Mathematica uses advanced algorithms and built-in functions to solve numerical integration problems. It can handle various types of integrals, including definite and indefinite integrals, multiple integrals, and improper integrals.

3. Can Mathematica handle complex integrals?

Yes, Mathematica has the ability to solve complex integrals using its built-in functions. It can handle integrals with complex numbers, as well as integrals with complex functions.

4. What is the process of solving numerical integration in Mathematica?

The process of solving numerical integration in Mathematica involves defining the function or expression to be integrated, specifying the limits of integration, and then using the appropriate built-in function or algorithm to obtain the numerical value of the integral.

5. Are there any limitations to using Mathematica for numerical integration?

While Mathematica is a powerful tool for solving numerical integration problems, it does have some limitations. It may not be able to solve extremely complex integrals or integrals with unknown variables. It is also important to verify the results obtained from Mathematica as it may not always provide accurate solutions.