Prism Question: need this by tonight

• Thread starter jeslyn
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Prism
In summary, the problem involves a light ray with an incident angle of 30 degrees on a +500D mirror in air, and the question is how many degrees the light ray is deviated from its original path. The equations given involve n (delta), n', and alpha, but without the values for the prism index and alpha angle, the problem cannot be solved. The choices for the answer are 0, 30, 60, 90, and 120 degrees, and it seems that the correct answer is c. 60 degrees.
jeslyn

Homework Statement

A light ray has an incident angle of 30 degrees onto the vertex of a +500D mirror in air (directly on the optical axis). By how many degrees is the light ray deviated from its original path?

Homework Equations

n (delta) = (n'-n) (alpha)

n'= [ n sin [(alpha + delta)/2] / [sin (alpha /2)]

alpha = i1' + i2

n sin i1 = n' sin i1'

n' sin i2 = n sin i2'

but the prism index is not given and the alpha angle is not given so I don't know how to approach this question.

The Attempt at a Solution

choices are:
a. 0 degree
b. 30 degrees
c. 60 degrees
d. 90 degrees
e. 120 degrees

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I think the answer is c. 60 degrees but I don't know how to solve it without the prism index and the alpha angle.

1. What is a prism question?

A prism question is a type of research question that is used in surveys or interviews to gather information from participants. It is designed to elicit specific and detailed responses that can provide insight into a particular topic or issue.

2. How is a prism question different from other types of research questions?

Unlike other types of research questions, a prism question is more focused and specific. It often requires participants to think deeply and provide detailed responses, rather than just answering with a simple yes or no.

3. What are some examples of prism questions?

Examples of prism questions include "Can you provide specific examples of how you have implemented the new company policy?" and "How have your past experiences influenced your decision-making process?" These questions are designed to gather detailed information and insights from participants.

4. How can I create effective prism questions?

To create effective prism questions, it is important to have a clear goal or objective in mind. Keep the questions focused and specific, and avoid using leading or biased language. It can also be helpful to pilot test the questions with a small group before using them in a larger study.

5. How can I analyze the responses to prism questions?

The analysis of responses to prism questions will depend on the specific research design and methods being used. However, some common approaches include categorizing responses, identifying patterns or themes, and using qualitative or quantitative methods to analyze the data.