Where should I start in calculus for differential equations?

In summary, this person wants to know where to start with calculus, and recommends Lang's "First course in calculus" as a good place to start.
darknoob
hi there I am new here!..

i just want to ask question about getting started with calculus (differential/integral)..
ive started algebra and trigonometry a year ago and i love doing math exercises they say that calculus is hard but i don't believe them.. i want to start doing calculus, but i don't where to start, i read a little about calculus just the concepts,. functions,relations,derivatives,limits and so on..

i just need advice where should i start in calculus(differential and integral) to Defferential Equations and I am looking for your great advice

Physics news on Phys.org
Personally, I think one of the best places to start is Lang his "First course in calculus". It doesn't focus very much on the very difficult background theory of limits, continuity and epsilon-delta statements. But it focuses more on the actual calculus such as integrals, derivatives and series. The book is quite rigorous (as is usual for Lang), but I think it's ok for a first course. When you finished it, you might want to try out a book like Spivak for everything you missed.

Another great (secondary) resource is http://books.google.be/books/about/Counterexamples_in_Calculus.html?id=5e2N4HXWvXAC&redir_esc=y

You might also want to check out Khan academy, Paul's notes and MIT Opencourseware. But do not use these as primary resources.

micromass said:
Personally, I think one of the best places to start is Lang his "First course in calculus". It doesn't focus very much on the very difficult background theory of limits, continuity and epsilon-delta statements. But it focuses more on the actual calculus such as integrals, derivatives and series. The book is quite rigorous (as is usual for Lang), but I think it's ok for a first course. When you finished it, you might want to try out a book like Spivak for everything you missed.

Another great (secondary) resource is http://books.google.be/books/about/Counterexamples_in_Calculus.html?id=5e2N4HXWvXAC&redir_esc=y

You might also want to check out Khan academy, Paul's notes and MIT Opencourseware. But do not use these as primary resources.

^thanks i appreciate your sincere kindness for sharing information where i can find lessons in calculus,

1. What is the prerequisite knowledge required to start learning calculus for differential equations?

The prerequisite knowledge for calculus for differential equations includes a solid understanding of algebra, trigonometry, and basic calculus concepts such as limits, derivatives, and integrals.

2. Is it necessary to have a strong foundation in calculus before starting with differential equations?

Yes, a strong foundation in calculus is essential for understanding differential equations. Differential equations build upon the concepts of calculus and require a solid understanding of derivatives, integrals, and their applications.

3. What are the key topics that should be covered in a calculus course for differential equations?

The key topics in a calculus course for differential equations include limits, derivatives, integrals, differential equations, and their applications in various fields such as physics, engineering, and economics.

4. How can I practice and improve my skills in calculus for differential equations?

Practice is essential for mastering calculus for differential equations. You can solve practice problems, work on real-world applications, and use online resources such as interactive tutorials, quizzes, and practice tests to improve your skills.

5. Are there any tips for mastering calculus for differential equations?

Some tips for mastering calculus for differential equations include attending lectures, taking good notes, practicing regularly, seeking help from your instructor or classmates, and using various resources such as textbooks, online tutorials, and study guides.