Math & Economics Research for Undergrads

In summary, the speaker is an undergraduate student studying BS Mathematics and is about to start a research project. They are interested in researching about the combination of Mathematics and Economics and ask for suggestions of good sites for papers and articles in this field. Another person suggests looking at textbooks on game theory.
yik-boh
I'm currently an undergraduate student and I'm taking BS Mathematics. We're going to start our research this semester. I'm kinda interested in researching about Math and Economics so if you know any good sites for papers/articles about this field, feel free to post it here. Thanks guys! :)

Physics news on Phys.org
Well I'm looking for suggestions of specific topics that involves Math and Economics but I also asked for a site so that I can search too. :)

If I were you, I would probably start by looking at some textbooks on game theory.

I am glad to hear that you are interested in pursuing research in the field of math and economics. This is a rapidly growing area of study that has the potential to make significant contributions to our understanding of complex economic systems.

There are many reputable websites and journals where you can find papers and articles related to math and economics research. Some popular ones include the Journal of Mathematical Economics, the Journal of Economic Theory, and Econometrica. Additionally, websites such as EconPapers and IDEAS offer a wide range of resources for researchers in this field.

I would also recommend reaching out to your professors or advisors for guidance on specific topics or resources that may be relevant to your research interests. They can also provide valuable insights and feedback as you begin your research journey.

Best of luck in your research endeavors. I am excited to see the contributions you will make in this interdisciplinary field.

1. What is the purpose of conducting math and economics research as an undergraduate?

The purpose of conducting math and economics research as an undergraduate is to gain a deeper understanding of these fields and to develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills. It can also help students explore potential career paths and prepare for graduate studies.

2. How can I get involved in math and economics research as an undergraduate?

There are several ways to get involved in math and economics research as an undergraduate. You can reach out to professors in these fields and ask about research opportunities, participate in research programs or internships, or join a research group or club at your university.

3. What types of projects can I work on in math and economics research as an undergraduate?

There is a wide range of projects that you can work on in math and economics research as an undergraduate. Some examples include analyzing economic data, conducting statistical analyses, developing mathematical models, and exploring economic theories.

4. What skills do I need to have to conduct math and economics research as an undergraduate?

To conduct math and economics research as an undergraduate, you should have a strong foundation in math and economics, as well as critical thinking and problem-solving skills. It can also be helpful to have some experience with statistical software and coding languages.

5. How can conducting math and economics research benefit my future career?

Conducting math and economics research as an undergraduate can benefit your future career in several ways. It can demonstrate your analytical and critical thinking abilities to potential employers, provide you with practical research experience, and make you a strong candidate for graduate studies in these fields.