Serious problems with their gender

• Thread starter Lisa!
  • Start date
In summary: I don't really care one way or the other. If someone asks, I tell them. It's a little irritating when they decide not to believe me, because Heaven knows women don't know math or science or ever use the Internet, but it's low on my list of things to worry about.
Lisa!
Gold Member
Lisa!

Joind Date: May 2005

o:) ---->(gender: female)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
What do you think if those of us who have no serious problems with their gender, could specify that?
Personally I think these things aren't notable esp. in a science forum ( I tend to choose other UNs in other forum that my gender couldn't be known by them, but since we get to know each other in personal levels, I choose this 1 here), but sometimes members PM me and ask whether I'm female or not!:bugeye: :grumpy:(Note my name is a name of a girl as far as I know:tongue: )
I myself thought Moonbear is a male before seeing her photo!:blushing: Member photo thread couldn't help all the time since 1. all members don't post their picture. 2. Sometimes you can't recognize someone's gender by the picture:tongue:

Advantage:
1. Statistics of the forum.
2. Gettig rid of s/he, wo/man

Disadvantage:
1. you know how wo/man are like!
2. we can't have fun like past ( that's funny when you called a man "she" and he got angry):rolleyes:
3. It could cause a big mess in the forum!:tongue2:

PS I don't think it would be a good suggestion, but hey who cares?:zzz:

Physics news on Phys.org
Lisa! said:
PS I don't think it would be a good suggestion, but hey who cares?:zzz:

Then why did you suggest it?

Moonbear said:
Then why did you suggest it?
Peraps it's only me who thinks it's not good suggestion. Let's get other people ideas anyway.:wink:

I'm a man. Yes I am, and I can't help but love you so. :biggrin:

(Sorry, couldn't resist, it's such a great song)

Tom Mattson said:
I'm a man. Yes I am, and I can't help but love you so. :biggrin:
(Sorry, couldn't resist, it's such a great song)
Super 400?o:)

Nah, Spencer Davis Group

I can imagine seeing a registration form like this:

Check all that apply

__ Male

__ Female

__ Neither

__ None of the above

and watching the philosophers implode! ;)

Tom Mattson said:
Nah, Spencer Davis Group

You're dating yourself, Tom!

:)

Zz.

Ha Ha

I'm really not though, because Spencer Davis was doing their thing before I was born. I think that 60's music is the best, despite the fact that I was born in 72.

Tide said:
I can imagine seeing a registration form like this:
Check all that apply
__ Male
__ Female
__ Neither
__ None of the above

and watching the philosophers implode! ;)
:rofl: It's not nice teasing the philosophers like that. :rofl: And you forgot "both." We can't discriminate against the hermaphrodites.

Tom Mattson said:
Nah, Spencer Davis Group

AT the cost of dating myself... I could have swore Chicago did that first...I could be wrong...

Ahhh 1972... I was touring the Mediterranean at Uncle Sam's expense.

I like the suggestion. people are confused, and sometimes think I'm either a woman or an @$$
'

I like tide's poll

Moonbear,

And you forgot "both."

That's covered by "check ALL that apply!" :)

It seems that most of people around here have serious problems with their gender! :biggrin:

Integral said:
AT the cost of dating myself... I could have swore Chicago did that first...I could be wrong...
Ahhh 1972... I was touring the Mediterranean at Uncle Sam's expense.
I was -10 years old in 1972! :rolleyes: Anyway Tom is going to sing this great song in PF chicago meeting! :cool:

LD
I'm just a 'Dream' so I don't really have an "Age" whateverthatis just sort of been around inside this place that is A really 'fun' Splace .. .. .. sorry I don't mean these forums, as that space, but inside the Realm of the-my Imagination .. .. .. .. ..pSa Ya! oh Yes, I am A Male Rabbit, so don't call me Bunny O.K.? or I'll get angry, maybe

Lisa! said:
I was -10 years old in 1972! :rolleyes:
I thought you're 23. Take much math in school?:tongue:

Danger said:
I thought you're 23. Take much math in school?:tongue:
Are you drunk or just kidding?:tongue2:

[tex]2005 -1972 = 33[/tex]

[tex]-10 +33 = 23[/tex]o:)

Lisa! said:

Obviously, she's taken a great deal of math.:smile:

Since I'm here - like you, Lisa, my name pretty much communicates my gender, and people still sometimes don't get it. I don't really care one way or the other. If someone asks, I tell them. It's a little irritating when they decide not to believe me, because Heaven knows women don't know math or science or ever use the Internet, but it's low on my list of things to worry about.

Hey, a lot of people seemed to think I was a woman back when I had a female avatar.

loseyourname said:
Hey, a lot of people seemed to think I was a woman back when I had a female avatar.
It doesn't help when they abbreviate your nickname to LYN either! :tongue:

Diane_ said:
Obviously, she's taken a great deal of math.:smile:
Since I'm here - like you, Lisa, my name pretty much communicates my gender, and people still sometimes don't get it. I don't really care one way or the other. If someone asks, I tell them.
Sometimes I think I shouldn't have chosen this username.:frown:

It's a little irritating when they decide not to believe me, because Heaven knows women don't know math or science or ever use the Internet, but it's low on my list of things to worry about.
:rofl:

Lisa! said:
I can't wait to see how you fill out a tax return.:biggrin:

Actually, until I pulled up the quote again, I didn't see the '-' sign. My eyes aren't that great sometimes.

Last edited:
Integral said:

I'm pretty sure that it's a Spencer Davis original with Steve Winwood as lead vocalist.

Regards,
George

Danger said:
I can't wait to see how you fill out a tax return.:biggrin:
Actually, until I pulled up the quote again, I didn't see the '-' sign. My eyes aren't that great sometimes.
No, your eyes are only great for evil!:tongue2:

Again, nobody is going to tell me what s/he thinks of this suggestion?

I'm sorry, Lisa, I thought I'd answered that, but I guess I didn't. I don't see anything wrong with your suggestion, but it's just not something I would care that much about. If I were in charge of the board, I'd probably implement it on your request, but I doubt I'd use it. *sorry*

I'm on personal terms (ie: PM's) with a couple of people who deliberately use ambiguous usernames to avoid the whole issue. This includes Lisa! who, while masquerading as a 23 year-old woman, is in fact a 37 year-old Lithuanian midget with a particular penchant for trampolines and juggling chainsaws.

Danger said:
a particular penchant for trampolines and juggling chainsaws.

Simultaneously? I'd pay a quarter to see that!

I didn't mention the koalas and Silly Putty. It's worth a lot more than a quarter.

Thanks Diane!:smile: But I think it could help some people to know women use internet, they know science , and last but not least 'if PF is such a great and strange site, that's because of them!:rolleyes:

Danger said:
I'm on personal terms (ie: PM's) with a couple of people who deliberately use ambiguous usernames to avoid the whole issue. This includes Lisa! who, while masquerading as a 23 year-old woman, is in fact a 37 year-old Lithuanian midget with a particular penchant for trampolines and juggling chainsaws.
:eek: :uhh: :blushing: :cry: :grumpy: :devil:o:) :rolleyes: :approve: Buuut.. you had promised me not to...

Moonbear said:
It doesn't help when they abbreviate your nickname to LYN either! :tongue:
Hmmm...
I always thought I'd pronounce "LYN" as actually L. Y. N. not Lyn.

Lisa! said:
Buuut.. you had promised me not to...
:redface: I'm sorry. It just kind of slipped out. You know how it goes when I'm drinking.:redface:

Lisa! said:
Again, nobody is going to tell me what s/he thinks of this suggestion?
If you want to state gender, you may do so in your personal profile, or in the location description if you want it to appear in every post.

Or if we had custom titles.

Diane_ said:
[snip]
Since I'm here - like you, Lisa, my name pretty much communicates my gender, [snip]
Doesn't always work (remind me, who is, or was, Nereid?)

Any of the 50 sea nymph daughters of sea god Nereus?