Where Can I Find a Quality Online Intro to Quantum Mechanics?

In summary, quantum mechanics is a branch of physics that studies particles at the subatomic level. It is important because it helps us understand the fundamental nature of matter and energy and has led to technological advancements. The key principles of quantum mechanics include superposition, uncertainty principle, quantization, and wave-particle duality. Some real-world applications include quantum computing, cryptography, and quantum teleportation. While it can be challenging to understand due to its counterintuitive concepts, with proper study and practice, it can be comprehended.
Ragnar
Are there any good online quantum mechanics intros?

Physics news on Phys.org
I've used these http://farside.ph.utexas.edu/teaching/qmech/lectures/lectures.html" [Broken] by Richard Fitzpatrick as a supplement to my text, I thought they were pretty good. Pretty much follows a standard treatment.

Gerhard 't Hooft links to http://galileo.phys.virginia.edu/classes/252/home.html" [Broken], which I just noticed has mathematica notebooks for various problems...I'll have to check those out

Just search "quantum mechanics lectures notes" and browse around until you find something good.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is quantum mechanics?

Quantum mechanics is a branch of physics that studies the behavior and interactions of particles at the subatomic level.

Why is quantum mechanics important?

Quantum mechanics is important because it helps us understand the fundamental nature of matter and energy, and has led to many technological advancements such as transistors, lasers, and MRI machines.

What are the key principles of quantum mechanics?

The key principles of quantum mechanics include superposition, uncertainty principle, quantization, and wave-particle duality.

What are some real-world applications of quantum mechanics?

Some real-world applications of quantum mechanics include quantum computing, cryptography, and quantum teleportation.

Is quantum mechanics difficult to understand?

Quantum mechanics can be challenging to understand, as it involves concepts that contradict our everyday experience and intuition. However, with proper study and practice, it can be comprehended.