Ebook has messed up page sizes

• Thread starter leroyjenkens
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with an ebook where some pages are small and others are normal size, making it difficult to read. The suggested solution is to set preferences to view one page at a time or to use tools like Image Majik to resize the small pages. However, it may be tedious for a book with a large number of pages.
leroyjenkens
I have an ebook with some pages are normal size, and some pages are small. I'll be reading a page, scroll down, and I'll see like 4 pages in a row that are like 1/6th the size of the one I'm reading, then I scroll down some more and I'll see the next pages normal size, and so on. Is there any way to fix this? It's extremely annoying having to zoom in 6 times on the small pages, and then zoom back out for the normal size pages every time I cross one of those pages that are tiny.
Thanks.

Computer science news on Phys.org
From what I know it depends on the ebook (device) and ebook format (mobi? pdf?), so you will not get any general answer.

This is the same behavior with pdfs made from photo albums scrolling through landscape and portrait photos. The best you can do is set your prefs to do page at a time.

You might be able to get a tool to break up the pdf into individual pages then resize the small ones to the same size as the larger ones and then recombine them as a single pdf.

Image Majik tools could help to do some of the work:

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/index.php

and/or these tools:

http://www.ehow.com/how_5093105_break-pdf-file-parts.html

Image-majik convert command can resize photos:

http://www.imagemagick.org/script/convert.php

And here's someone with a similar problem who used imagemajik to fix the problem:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9706046/imagemagick-convert-multiple-images-to-pdf-size

Last edited:
Likes 1 person
Thanks a lot. Setting it to page at a time is the best bet for me, I think, because the book has over 1300 pages. Resizing about half of those would be extremely tedius.

Hello,

I understand your frustration with the inconsistent page sizes in your ebook. This issue is likely due to the formatting of the ebook file itself. Depending on the source of the ebook, it may have been converted from a physical book or created from a scanned document, which can lead to varying page sizes.

There are a few potential solutions to this problem. First, you can try adjusting the display settings on your device or e-reader to see if that helps with the page sizes. You may also want to check if there is an option to "fit to screen" or "fit to width" in the reading settings of your ebook app.

If those options do not work, you may need to try a different ebook file or source. Some ebooks may have multiple file formats available, so you can try downloading a different version to see if the page sizes are more consistent.

If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact the publisher or author of the ebook to report the issue and request a corrected version. They may be able to provide you with a new file that has consistent page sizes.

I hope this helps to resolve the issue with your ebook. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I understand the importance of accurate and consistent data, and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best,

What causes an Ebook to have messed up page sizes?

The most common cause of messed up page sizes in an Ebook is improper formatting. This could be due to errors in the conversion process or the use of incompatible devices or software.

How can I fix the page size issue in my Ebook?

The best way to fix page size issues in an Ebook is to check the formatting of the document and make sure it is compatible with the device and software being used. You may also need to adjust the settings or layout of the Ebook to ensure proper page sizes.

Can I prevent page size issues in my Ebook?

Yes, you can prevent page size issues in your Ebook by properly formatting the document before conversion and using compatible devices and software. It is also important to regularly test the Ebook on different devices to ensure proper display.

Will a messed up page size affect the readability of my Ebook?

Yes, a messed up page size can affect the readability of your Ebook as it can cause text to be cut off or overlap, making it difficult to read. It can also disrupt the flow of the content and make it less visually appealing.

Is it possible to fix page size issues in an Ebook after it has been published?

Yes, it is possible to fix page size issues in an Ebook after it has been published. You can update the formatting or layout of the Ebook and republish it. However, it is best to address these issues before publishing to avoid any inconvenience for readers.