I must be travelling at 90% of the speed of light

• Thread starter jmmccain
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of the short time between posting and editing on a platform. This may be detrimental as it does not allow enough time for thorough proofreading and corrections. However, there is a suggestion to use the "Remember me" function to avoid getting logged out. The conversation also mentions a possible error message when taking too long to write a post, and the suggestion to always copy the text before submitting.
jmmccain
The entirely too short time between posting and editing may be detrimental.

Nevermind the entirely too short time to write a post.

Just trying to help... Don't mind me...

Physics news on Phys.org
If you make an error that really needs to be corrected, you can use the report function or just correct it in a follow-up post. The edit window is purposely short to eliminate malicious editing.

Also, I'm not sure about a time to write a post - I don't think there is one.

hi jmmccain! :smile:
jmmccain said:

what do you mean? :confused:

If you don't want to get logged out, then you have to check the "Remember me" box before logging in.

jmmccain said:
The entirely too short time between posting and editing may be detrimental.
Entirely short? AFAIK it is near 12 hours, more than enough time to recheck a post (a quick proof-read is usually enough to spot anything importing).
jmmccain said:
Are you getting logged out or something? Try the suggestion above, ticking the "remember me" box.

I think what the OP is talking about is the fact that if you take too long to write the post, it gives some kind of error when you click submit, so then you have to click the back button and hope the text you typed is still there.

EDIT: I think the error it gives is something like "This form has expired. Click the back button to resubmit your data." Those aren't the exact words, but that's the general idea.

Last edited:
Get in the habit of always always always pressing Ctrl-A Ctrl-C before submitting.

What does it mean to travel at 90% of the speed of light?

Traveling at 90% of the speed of light means that an object is moving at 90% of the maximum possible speed in the universe, which is the speed of light. This speed is approximately 299,792,458 meters per second.

Is it possible for an object to travel at 90% of the speed of light?

Yes, it is theoretically possible for an object to travel at 90% of the speed of light. However, it would require an immense amount of energy and technology that we do not currently possess. Additionally, as an object approaches the speed of light, its mass increases and it becomes more difficult to accelerate further.

What would happen to an object if it traveled at 90% of the speed of light?

If an object were to travel at 90% of the speed of light, it would experience time dilation, meaning time would pass slower for the object compared to an observer on Earth. The object would also experience an increase in mass and a decrease in length due to the effects of special relativity. Additionally, it would emit intense radiation and encounter extreme temperatures due to air resistance and friction with particles in space.

How would traveling at 90% of the speed of light affect the human body?

Traveling at 90% of the speed of light would have severe effects on the human body. The intense radiation and extreme temperatures would be fatal, and the time dilation and extreme speeds would cause significant changes in the body's biological processes. The human body is not designed to withstand such conditions.

What is the significance of traveling at 90% of the speed of light?

Traveling at 90% of the speed of light is significant because it demonstrates the extreme nature of the speed of light and the laws of physics that govern it. It also has implications for space travel and the possibilities of time travel. Studying objects traveling at such high speeds can also provide insights into the fundamental nature of the universe and its laws.