How do i connect this V-I converter up

• Thread starter riie
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Converter
In summary, the left side circuit needs to be connected to both the right and left input points for current to flow.
riie
Hi all,

I need to have an AC current source for testing but i do not have any equipment that can generate an AC current source. I have a function generator to produce an AC sine voltage and thinking to convert V to I using the transconductance op amp.

The first stage of my test circuit consists of an tranimpedance amplifier with other stages at the back and how can i connect V to I and I to V up? (Ciruit as attached)

Is there any other suggestion for the conversion of the AC voltage source to AC current souce from function generator?

Attachments

• Cct.png
    Cct.png
    12.2 KB · Views: 553
Engineering news on Phys.org
riie said:
Hi all,

I need to have an AC current source for testing but i do not have any equipment that can generate an AC current source. I have a function generator to produce an AC sine voltage and thinking to convert V to I using the transconductance op amp.

The first stage of my test circuit consists of an tranimpedance amplifier with other stages at the back and how can i connect V to I and I to V up? (Ciruit as attached)

Is there any other suggestion for the conversion of the AC voltage source to AC current souce from function generator?

You could just use a resistor to convert your voltage source to a current. What is the load impedance of your circuit?

Or else just use the left-hand circuit in your attachment...

If I use a resistor to convert to current, wouldn't the transimpedance amplifier become an inverting amplifier as the resistor will be in series at the input?

Is there a way to connect up the left hand side current output the the input at the right hand side?

Any suggestions?

riie said:
If I use a resistor to convert to current, wouldn't the transimpedance amplifier become an inverting amplifier as the resistor will be in series at the input?

Is there a way to connect up the left hand side current output the the input at the right hand side?

Does this thread from early February help?

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=669659

The circuit from the thread you have given me, is the same mine with R2 removed.

I'm not sure how to carry this out using my circuit, or another other method.

For my circuit,
- The left side circuit need to the 2 points to be connected for current to flow
- But right side circuit has only one current input point to -ve input

Last edited:

1. How do I connect a V-I converter to my circuit?

The specific steps for connecting a V-I converter may vary depending on the converter and circuit, but generally it involves connecting the input voltage source to the input terminals of the converter and connecting the output terminals to the load or measuring device.

2. What type of input voltage does a V-I converter accept?

V-I converters typically accept a wide range of input voltages, from DC to AC and various voltage levels. It is important to check the specifications of your specific converter to ensure it is compatible with your input voltage source.

3. Can I use a V-I converter with any type of load?

Most V-I converters are designed to work with a variety of loads, including resistive, inductive, and capacitive loads. However, it is important to check the specifications of your converter to ensure it is suitable for your specific load.

4. How do I know if my V-I converter is working correctly?

To ensure your V-I converter is working correctly, you can measure the output voltage using a multimeter or oscilloscope. The output voltage should correspond to the input voltage and the desired conversion ratio of the converter. If the output voltage is not within the expected range, there may be an issue with the converter or the circuit.

5. Can I adjust the conversion ratio of a V-I converter?

Some V-I converters may have adjustable conversion ratios, while others may have fixed ratios. If the converter has an adjustable ratio, it can typically be adjusted using trimmer resistors or other methods specified in the converter's datasheet. However, it is important to be cautious when adjusting the conversion ratio as it can affect the accuracy and performance of the converter.