Solve QuickField 3D Sphere & Ring Problems

• Thread starter GreenLRan
  • Start date
In summary, to set up a 3D sphere or ring problem in QuickField, you will need to create a new 3D model and specify the geometry of the sphere or ring. Boundary conditions that can be applied to the problem include fixed potential or voltage, fixed electric field, fixed current, and symmetry conditions. QuickField offers various visualization tools to view the results, and also has the capability to solve time-dependent problems. Additionally, it is possible to import external data or models for more complex geometries.
GreenLRan
Is anyone familiar with the software package QuickField? I am having trouble making a
three dimensional sphere. I tried rotating a circle 360 degrees, however this doesn't seem to work because it still gives me an "Area" when I click inside the box. I also need to create a ring around this sphere of a larger radius. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I got it working. Thanks.

Yes, I am familiar with QuickField and I can offer some suggestions for solving your 3D sphere and ring problem. Firstly, instead of rotating a 2D circle, you can try using the "Sphere" feature in QuickField to create a 3D sphere with a specified radius. This will ensure that the sphere is truly 3D and not just a 2D object rotated around a point.

To create a ring around the sphere, you can use the "Torus" feature in QuickField. This will allow you to specify the inner and outer radii of the ring, as well as the position and orientation relative to the sphere.

If you are still having trouble with the "Area" issue, make sure that you have properly defined the boundaries and meshed the model. You may also want to check the units and scaling of your model to ensure that the dimensions are accurate.

I hope these suggestions help and if you continue to have difficulties, I recommend reaching out to the QuickField support team for further assistance. Best of luck with your simulations.

1. How do I set up a 3D sphere or ring problem in QuickField?

To set up a 3D sphere or ring problem in QuickField, you will need to create a new 3D model in the software and then specify the geometry of the sphere or ring. You can do this by selecting the appropriate shape from the "Geometric Shapes" menu and then adjusting the parameters to fit your specific problem.

2. What types of boundary conditions can be applied to a 3D sphere or ring problem in QuickField?

Boundary conditions that can be applied to a 3D sphere or ring problem in QuickField include fixed potential or voltage, fixed electric field, fixed current, and symmetry conditions. You can also define different boundary conditions for different parts of the sphere or ring if needed.

3. How can I visualize the results of a 3D sphere or ring problem in QuickField?

QuickField offers various visualization tools to view the results of your 3D sphere or ring problem. You can choose to see 2D or 3D plots of electric potential, electric field, current density, and other parameters. You can also export the results to other software for further analysis.

4. Can I solve time-dependent problems with 3D spheres or rings in QuickField?

Yes, QuickField has the capability to solve time-dependent problems with 3D spheres or rings. This feature allows you to analyze the behavior of the sphere or ring over time, which can be useful for studying dynamic systems or transient phenomena.

5. Is it possible to import external data or models into QuickField for a 3D sphere or ring problem?

Yes, QuickField supports the import of external data or models for 3D sphere or ring problems. You can import geometry from CAD software or data from other sources to use in your analysis. This can be helpful if you have complex or custom geometries that are difficult to create within QuickField.