Is the voting over for the Member Awards?

• Thread starter dlgoff
  • Start date
In summary, the 2008 PF Member Awards voting has ended and the threads will be archived in a subforum under "Forum Feedback & Announcements". The official closing tally is unknown and the votes have been stored in a Miracle Whip jar under Greg's bed.
dlgoff
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I found the "2008 PF Member Awards" thread with the search but don't see it here. Has the voting ended?

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes voting ended midday CST.

Thanks Kurdt

Will the 2008 Awards threads be put into a subforum, like the 2007 threads were, under "Forum Feedback & Announcements"?

FYI, here's a link to the 2008 threads:
https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

You better have some ringpops for Greg. :tongue:

Redbelly98 said:
Will the 2008 Awards threads be put into a subforum, like the 2007 threads were, under "Forum Feedback & Announcements"?

FYI, here's a link to the 2008 threads:
https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

The award ceremony will be later this afternoon. I will archive the forum, yes.

Ooh, volcano time! Get ready, Borek! I am going to toss you like a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caber_toss" [Broken] into the volcano. :approve:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last I looked mgb_phys was ahead by one vote, but I don't know the official closing tally. The votes have been hermetically sealed and stored in a mayonaise jar under Greg's bed.

I remember looking at exactly 12:00 CST and Borek had 7 votes and 2 other members (must have been Mgb and tiny-tim) had 6. I think people were sneaking in after it closed because Greg was trying to hide the link in some posts last night. I even edited Hoots comment in the library which contained a link just in case. :smile:

Evo said:
Last I looked mgb_phys was ahead by one vote, but I don't know the official closing tally. The votes have been hermetically sealed and stored in a mayonaise jar under Greg's bed.

Actually, it's a Miracle Whip jar. I mean, that's what I heard. I haven't been to Greg's house so I wouldn't know for sure. And I certainly haven't been stalking him or anything.

oh, nevermind.

Math Is Hard said:
Actually, it's a Miracle Whip jar.
Evo licks fingers. Ewwww, it *is* Miracle Whip.:redface:

Math Is Hard said:
Actually, it's a Miracle Whip jar. I mean, that's what I heard. I haven't been to Greg's house so I wouldn't know for sure. And I certainly haven't been stalking him or anything.

oh, nevermind.

I welcome all female stalkers :biggrin: And yes I actually do prefer Miracle Whip.

1. Is the voting over for the Member Awards?

No, the voting for the Member Awards is not over yet. The voting period is still ongoing and will close on the specified date.

2. When is the voting period for the Member Awards?

The voting period for the Member Awards is typically announced in advance and can vary in length. Please check the official announcement or website for the specific dates.

3. How do I vote for the Member Awards?

The voting process for the Member Awards may vary depending on the organization or platform. Generally, you can cast your vote by following the instructions provided by the organization or by logging into the designated voting platform.

4. Can I vote more than once for the Member Awards?

No, typically the voting system for the Member Awards only allows one vote per person. This ensures fairness and accuracy in the voting process.

5. Are the Member Awards based on popular vote or a panel of judges?

This may vary depending on the organization or platform hosting the Member Awards. Some may be based on popular vote, while others may have a panel of judges who determine the winners. Please refer to the official rules or guidelines for more information.