How to setup printer to print multiple files sequently

In summary, to set up your printer to print multiple files in a sequence, open the print queue on your computer, select the files in the desired order, and click "Print." You can change the order of files in the print queue without canceling the entire print job by dragging and dropping or using the "Move Up" and "Move Down" options. It is also possible to set a specific number of copies for each file before printing. To pause the printing process and change printer settings, use the pause button or option in the print queue. You can see which file is currently being printed by checking the status column in the print queue.
Mike Phan
Hi,

I sometimes print multiple files from my folder, and I want to print them with one CLICK. Do we have to setup the printer or we should have certain software that can help us to do this? Thanks for help!

Mike Phan

Engineering news on Phys.org
I have got it. Thanks

You're welcome. No trouble at all. :biggrin:

1. How do I set up my printer to print multiple files in a sequence?

To set up your printer to print multiple files in a sequence, you will need to open the print queue on your computer. This can usually be found by clicking on the printer icon in your taskbar or by going to your computer's Control Panel and selecting "Printers and Devices." Once the print queue is open, you can select the files you want to print and arrange them in the desired sequence. Then, click "Print" to send them to your printer in the specified order.

2. Can I change the order of the files being printed without canceling the entire print job?

Yes, you can change the order of the files being printed without canceling the entire print job. In the print queue, you can simply drag and drop the files to rearrange them in the desired sequence. Alternatively, you can also right-click on a file and select "Move Up" or "Move Down" to change its position in the print queue.

3. Is it possible to set a specific number of copies for each file in a print sequence?

Yes, it is possible to set a specific number of copies for each file in a print sequence. In the print queue, select the file you want to adjust the number of copies for and click on the "Properties" or "Settings" button. From there, you can specify the desired number of copies for that particular file before sending it to the printer.

4. Can I pause the printing process in between files to change printer settings?

Yes, you can pause the printing process in between files to change printer settings. Most printers have a pause button or a pause option in the print queue that allows you to temporarily stop the printing process. This will give you time to adjust any printer settings before resuming the print job.

5. How do I know which file is currently being printed in a print sequence?

If you are using the print queue to print multiple files in a sequence, you can see which file is currently being printed by looking at the status column in the print queue. The file that is currently being printed will have a status of "Printing," while the rest of the files will have a status of "Ready" or "Paused."