Entering y=3-2e^(-0.5x) into a T1-82

• Thread starter Heather123
  • Start date
In summary, entering the equation y=3-2e^(-0.5x) into a T1-82 allows for graphing and analyzing the function, which can help in understanding the relationship between variables and making predictions. The T1-82 is capable of accurately graphing complex equations like this one and can handle both linear and non-linear functions. To enter the equation, the steps include turning on the calculator, clearing any existing equations, entering the equation in the Y1 field, and pressing the "Graph" button. However, the T1-82 cannot solve the equation algebraically and may have limitations with viewing complex graphs and only being able to graph one equation at a time.
Heather123
Hi I have a t1-82 and i need to enter y=3-2exp(-0.5x) the problem is that i can't put exp can i just use e?

Computer science news on Phys.org
Yes, they have the same meaning.

Thanks

What is the purpose of entering y=3-2e^(-0.5x) into a T1-82?

The purpose of entering this equation into a T1-82 is to graph the function and analyze its behavior. This can help in understanding the relationship between the variables and making predictions based on the graph.

Can the T1-82 graph this equation accurately?

Yes, the T1-82 has the capability to graph complex equations like y=3-2e^(-0.5x) with precision. It can handle both linear and non-linear functions and display them on its screen.

What are the steps to enter this equation into a T1-82?

To enter the equation y=3-2e^(-0.5x) into a T1-82, follow these steps:

1. Turn on the calculator and press the "Y=" button.
  2. Clear any existing equations by pressing the "Clear" button.
  3. Enter the equation in the Y1 field, using the "e^x" button for the exponential term.
  4. Press the "Graph" button to see the graph of the equation.

Can the T1-82 solve this equation for a specific value of x?

No, the T1-82 is not a symbolic calculator and cannot solve equations algebraically. It can only graph the equation and display the coordinates of any points on the graph.

Are there any limitations to graphing this equation on a T1-82?

There are no specific limitations for graphing this equation on a T1-82. However, the screen size and resolution may make it difficult to view the graph in detail for complex functions. Additionally, the T1-82 can only graph one equation at a time, so if there are multiple functions involved, each one would need to be graphed separately.