What Happens If I Change These BIOS Settings?

It's important to know what you're changing or enabling as it can potentially affect the performance and stability of your system.In summary, enabling the ACPI APIC function in BIOS allows for important system hardware information to be generated, such as CPU temperature and battery status. Disabling ACPI will result in the loss of this information. Enabling ACPI 2.0 Support in BIOS may improve system performance, but it is important to be cautious when changing BIOS settings as it can impact system stability. Enabling or changing settings in the NVIDIA RAID function in BIOS is only beneficial if you have more than one hard drive and can potentially double the security or speed of your system.
rahulkhajuria
1) What would happen if I enable the ACPI APIC function in BIOS ?

2) What would happen if I enable ACPI 2.0 Support in BIOS ?

3) What would happen if I enable or change some settings in NVIDIA RAID function in BIOS ?

Computer science news on Phys.org
As far as I know the ACPI is responsible for generation of information critical to the system hardware, like CPU temperature, laptop lid status, battery status, etc... and In my laptop my power button press is also notified as an ACPI event

If you shutdown the ACPI, all this information will be lost.

The RAID that you see in your bios is a hardware raid. It's only beneficial if you have more than one hard driver. RAID is a way by which you can double the security or the speed of 2 or more hardrives.

Yeah, and be careful with BIOS settings.

What is the BIOS?

The BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is a firmware that is built into the computer's motherboard. It is responsible for initializing the hardware components and loading the operating system when the computer is turned on.

What are the options available in the BIOS?

The options available in the BIOS vary depending on the manufacturer and model of the computer. However, common options include boot order, system time and date, CPU settings, and device configurations.

How do I access the BIOS?

To access the BIOS, you need to restart your computer and press a specific key (usually F2, F10, or Del) during the boot process. The key to access the BIOS is usually displayed on the screen during startup.

What is the purpose of changing BIOS options?

Changing BIOS options can help to optimize the performance of your computer and troubleshoot any hardware issues. For example, changing the boot order can allow you to boot from a USB drive or CD, while changing CPU settings can improve the speed of your computer.

Can changing BIOS options cause any issues?

Yes, changing BIOS options without proper knowledge or caution can cause issues with your computer. It is important to only make changes if you know what you are doing or if you are following a guide from a trusted source.