Book for knowing about electricity

In summary, there are several recommended books for learning about electricity in detail, including "Electronic Principles" by Malvino, "Electrical Principles for the Electrical Trades" by Jim Jenneson, "Circuits" by A.Bruce Carlson, and "Book by Hayt, Kemmerly." These books cover topics such as Ohm's laws, AC and DC circuits, and capacitors, and are widely used and highly recommended for learning about electricity.
lakshmi
can anybody suggest me a book for knowing about electricity in detail (ohm's laws,AC ,DC Circuits,capacitors etc)

Engineering news on Phys.org
hiiiiiiii

I suggest u 2 refer 2 'Electronic principles' by Malvino.for further details contact me at vtwo@rediffmail.com.

Last edited:
Good book

Try...'Electrical Principles for the Electrical Trades' 5th Edition by Jim Jenneson.

This book is widely used for apprentices in the electrical trade

I suggest Circuits by A.Bruce Carlson
It is very easy to read and compreshensive and in-depth coverage.

lakshmi said:
can anybody suggest me a book for knowing about electricity in detail (ohm's laws,AC ,DC Circuits,capacitors etc)

Good call. I am after something similar so this thread has been useful for me too so thanks :smile:

Book by Hayt, Kemmerly is worth a look and is a nice book.

What is electricity?

Electricity is a form of energy that is created by the movement of electric charges, typically through the flow of electrons. It is a fundamental force of nature that powers many aspects of our daily lives, from lighting to communication to transportation.

What is the history of electricity?

The study of electricity dates back to ancient civilizations, where people observed phenomena such as lightning and static electricity. In the 18th and 19th centuries, scientists made significant discoveries about electricity, including the development of the first battery and the understanding of electric currents.

How is electricity generated?

Electricity can be generated in various ways, including through the use of fossil fuels, nuclear reactions, and renewable sources like wind and solar power. In general, electricity is produced by spinning turbines that are connected to generators, which convert mechanical energy into electrical energy.

What are the different types of electricity?

There are two main types of electricity: direct current (DC) and alternating current (AC). DC flows in one direction, while AC alternates between flowing in one direction and then the other. There are also different forms of electricity, such as static electricity, which is generated by stationary charges, and current electricity, which is created by the flow of charges.

How is electricity used in everyday life?

Electricity is used in a wide range of applications, from powering our homes and businesses to running major industries. It is used for lighting, heating and cooling, cooking, transportation, and communication. In recent years, there has also been a growing interest in using electricity to power vehicles as an alternative to traditional fossil fuels.