Did extraterrestials really visited our ancestors?

• Thread starter Bubonic Plague
  • Start date
In summary: This is ridiculous, and has absolutely nothing to do with reality. This person is probably just confused or have had their mind blown by some of the more outlandish conspiracy theories. In summary, some people believe that some drawings/carvings depicting some ET receving an audience from our ancestors depict an extraterrestrial origin. However, most likely this is just early mythology. There is no smoking gun as of yet to support this theory. There are some advantages to this theory over an Earth origin, such as the size of space and the fact that life can form quickly on Earth. However, this theory is still not accepted by all.
Bubonic Plague
Did they?

I read some stuff about some drawings/carvings depicting some ET receving an audience from our ancestors.

Physics news on Phys.org
Did they?
No.
I read some stuff about some drawings/carvings depicting some ET receving an audience from our ancestors.
Most likely just early mythology. Not everything people write is history.

Did they?
Probably no. The sources I have seen on the matter usually involve vast exaggerations of insignificant features, lashings of over-interpretation and being very picky about which of the billions of carvings available they show.
But Sensei actually may have a point. A theoretical alternative to abiogenesis on Earth is that the original life giving chemical compounds were of extra-terrestrial origin. Nothing too exotic, but the finger is pointed to places like interplanetary asteroid belts etc. Some chemical analyses seem to show that many of the necessary amino acids etc can be found in space. No smoking gun, of course...

A theoretical alternative to abiogenesis on Earth is that the original life giving chemical compounds were of extra-terrestrial origin. Nothing too exotic, but the finger is pointed to places like interplanetary asteroid belts etc.

Then how did those chemical compounds form in the extraterrestial origin? I don't think that theory really answers anything, it just sweeps the question under an extraterrestial carpet.

Just what does the expression 'smoking gun' mean anyway? I've often come across it, but it's an expression, so dictionaries can't tell me what it means.

By smoking gun I here mean conclusive proof that the initial chemicals that provide life on Earth is of extraterrestrial origin.

Well, this theory does have a number of advantages over an Earth origin. Clearly space and the asteroids/dust clouds is somewhat bigger than earth, and has been around for a longer time.
While the radiation of space is harmful to modern organisms, they can provide a lot of energy for the basic reactions that made the fundamental chemicals.
This also explains the apparently fast appearance of early life.
Some simulations also seem to confirm this theory, and there is some evidence for this sort of thing. It's by no means the accepted theory, but an interesting one nevertheless.
http://www.space.com/searchforlife/seti_shostak_020404.html [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just what does the expression 'smoking gun' mean anyway? I've often come across it, but it's an expression, so dictionaries can't tell me what it means.
Its in fashion now because Bush uses it a lot. Its a murder investigation reference. Finding a "smoking gun" is finding a hard piece of key evidence. THE evidence needed to prove something conclusively.

Originally posted by Bubonic Plague
Did they?

Quite often civilizations that have had the opportunity to advance further than other civilizations... of the same planet... are mistaken to have come from other solar systems... etc.

That is probably because they arrive, to mingle with the natives of any particular region of earth, in rather advanced vehicles... like... say... sailing ships... or... even helicopters.

This would easily explain some of the myths and pictographs... etc... of the poorly interpreted visitations of the further advanced peoples to a civilization that resides somewhere other than those scribes of a less advanced people.

The idea of an extraterrestrial origin for life on this planet isn't too far off the scale of possiblity since, as FZ+ has pointed out, there are examples of RNA and DNA carriers that can survive deep space and that could have landed in the Earth's primordial soup of 3 billion years ago. This material would have carryed with it the information storage system we see used today iplants, marine life, insects, marsupials and animals...

Last edited:
The universe has built in an inpenatrable barrier preventing intergalactic travel, the same barrier makes even intragalactic travel unlikely. That barrier is simply distance, any mission to even nearby stars will require either a impossibly huge amount of energy or impossibly long travel times.

To credit alien life forms with the beginnings of life on Earth is exactly equal to attributing it to God.

Yes, but only in the sense that no one person can prove nor disprove the existence of aliens, which I think according to the math, is a good possibility. Likewise, attributing it to a god is not as much a good possibility, as the math disagrees in someways, and does not seem like a realistic possibility.

I read about some crazy who believed aliens have been here for about 100 years, and traveled space using nano balls that could construct ships and quantum teleporters and such once they arrived. Since they were so small, they could fly at seems like .75 c and make it from the alien homeworld in a few years or something.

I made no statement about the EXISTANCE of alien life forms, I fully believe that other INTELLEGENT life exists elsewhere in the universe. I simply do not believe that it is possible to TRAVEL (Travel = move massive objects) between galaxies. While such travel is possilbe within in our local region, it is very expenisve. requiring prohivitively large amounts of energy and long times spans to accomplish. Essentially any interstellar trip cannot be completed within the life span of a human.

These believes are the result of simple Physics, any agruments against them rely on believe and Science fiction not facts.

I, for one, don't believe that aliens visited our ancestors, or visit Earth at all right now. There is no evidence for it.
What is interesting to me, is that as people gain more knowledge of ancient cultures and peoples, the less number of "ancient alien visitaion" claims are made. For example, people once believed that aliens must have built the Egyptian pyramid, but nowadays, we know that the pyramids could have been and indeed HAD been built by the average human. Another interesting case involves the ancient Maya. The tomb of the king Pacal had been found, and an intricate carving had been made on his casket or whatever he had. It looked like some guy at the controls of a weird alien spaceship, and some people claimed that was proof of Pacal and the ancient Mayans being visited by aliens. But now we know a lot more about ancient Mayan religious beliefs and their pictographs/hieroglyphs, so we are in concurrence that the ancients Mayans had depicted their king ascending to heaven, not driving a spaceship.

Originally posted by Integral
I made no statement about the EXISTANCE of alien life forms, I fully believe that other INTELLEGENT life exists elsewhere in the universe. I simply do not believe that it is possible to TRAVEL (Travel = move massive objects) between galaxies. While such travel is possilbe within in our local region, it is very expenisve. requiring prohivitively large amounts of energy and long times spans to accomplish. Essentially any interstellar trip cannot be completed within the life span of a human.

These believes are the result of simple Physics, any agruments against them rely on believe and Science fiction not facts.
Though I agree, I would point out that the robotic probes of any alien race would not face the limitation of time, and "generational" ships are still clearly possible. While energy is always a concern, it's tough to speculate what another civilisation, with a completely different technology tree and maybe even a different way of thinking, might come up with.
So I wouldn't use the term impossible, but improbable or highly difficult. The universe does have surprises for us still.

dude...you got to read this book called 'chariots of gods'...

sorry...didn't complete...the book is by Eric von Daniken..

Thanks for the suggestion!

Er... it is fittingly a rather crackpotty publication. Read it with scepticism in mind...

it is fittingly a rather crackpotty publication. Read it with scepticism in mind...

Dude...what is it that you don't like about that book...I loved it as a kid...

David Ike?

Have any of you heard of a guy named David Ike? I heard that he claims to be a scientist studying aliens and the ancient egyptians. He supposedly claims that aliens mated with the ancient egyptians, and now there is this underground "super-race", complete with distinct DNA, and members of this super-race are in all the leadership positions around the world, and have been for centuries.
I would love any info if y'all know anything about him.

Have any of you heard of a guy named David Ike? I heard that he claims to be a scientist studying aliens and the ancient egyptians. He supposedly claims that aliens mated with the ancient egyptians, and now there is this underground "super-race", complete with distinct DNA, and members of this super-race are in all the leadership positions around the world, and have been for centuries.

Reminds me of the X-Men storyline, except the X-Men aren't in leadership positions.

ET was here. How else can we explain the existence of physicists?

That aside, I find accounts from the Quran, the Bible, the Book of Enoch and others to be very interesting. How might a person describe encounters with advanced beings given no other framework for reasoning other than religion? And for all of you Christians who think I just committed heresy, exactly what is an angel? Many ET accounts read identically to angelic accounts in many ways. Although my Catholic upbringing makes this a difficult bridge to cross, the similarities are to me undeniable. Also, perhaps the overtones of heresy are really due to our own preconceived notions about “spiritual” beings. Michelangelo brings more to our modern ideas about angels than any religious source. Maybe ET works for God! In fact, my best reading of ancient texts implies that some do, and some don't.

Last edited:
Yes they did visit us, but they are gone now. Similar to StarGate this was a mining planet, do some research and find out where all the modern uranium mines are in comparison to pyramids and you will see the big picture.

Originally posted by sheldon
Yes they did visit us, but they are gone now. Similar to StarGate this was a mining planet, do some research and find out where all the modern uranium mines are in comparison to pyramids and you will see the big picture.
nice theory, but why would they travel all the way to Earth for uranium which can be found in just about any planet in the universe? if aliens did come to Earth it was because of life, yet they didn't (presuming they did come here) expose themselves to the masses, which is weird.

it's often said that time travel is impossible because if it was people would be traveling here from the future, think about that one for a while.

(edit: by time travel i mean traveling back in time, silly me)

Last edited:
exactly they came here because of life and uranium. I think we were geneticaly engineered to be there work horses. Smart enough to do the job but dumb enough to listen. We do that now with animals what's so far fetched about that. We are even going to start screwing ourselves up with genetics.

well if you actually believe a superior race of aliens would have to resort to manual labor, then you may be correct. however i would think if they really needed uranium, they would have a very easy way of getting it, rather than using us "animals" to excavate it for them :wink:.

I thought of that also, although we are advanced now and use combines and tractors to plow our fields now, we weren't always that way, we use to use oxen to pull a primative plow. Maybe they weren't as advanced as your thinking and had to resort to alternative means. I know, "well if they can do deep space travel then they should be advanced" but maybe it was at the beginning phases of there travels. now we may be an exibit of there past. They no longer need to resort to this, after all it has been a long time since then.

1. Did our ancestors really have contact with extraterrestrial beings?

There is no definitive evidence that proves or disproves the theory of extraterrestrial contact with our ancestors. While there are many ancient texts and artifacts that suggest such contact, they are often open to interpretation and could have alternative explanations.

2. What evidence supports the idea of extraterrestrial visitation?

Some people point to ancient cave paintings and hieroglyphics as evidence of extraterrestrial visitation. Additionally, there are some unexplained ancient structures and technologies that some theorize were built with the help of advanced beings from other planets.

3. Are there any scientific theories that could explain extraterrestrial contact with our ancestors?

There are a few scientific theories that could potentially explain the idea of extraterrestrial visitation. One is the idea of panspermia, which suggests that life on Earth was seeded by microorganisms brought here by comets or other celestial bodies. Another theory is that advanced civilizations from other planets may have left behind traces of their existence on Earth.

4. How does the scientific community view the idea of extraterrestrial visitation?

The scientific community generally does not support the idea of extraterrestrial visitation as there is no concrete evidence to support it. However, some scientists do acknowledge the possibility and believe that further research and evidence could potentially change their stance.

5. What are some alternative explanations for the evidence of extraterrestrial visitation?

Some alternative explanations for the evidence of extraterrestrial visitation include cultural and religious beliefs, misinterpretation of ancient texts and artifacts, and natural phenomena such as meteor showers or other celestial events. It is also possible that some of the evidence could be hoaxes or misrepresentations.