Students' Views on Death Penalty and Abortion

• Thread starter mooberrymarz
  • Start date
In summary, Uncle Branley is busy chatting online and does not have time for questions. He thinks life behind bars with Bubba and the gang would be worse than having one's life exterminated.
mooberrymarz
I was talking about this with a friend the other day and i wondered what u guyz think abou this. We had our elections a month or so back so with our new gov. officials being sworn in and stuff we started talking bout the politicals parties that were in the running. She mentioned a christian party that was for the death penalty and against abortion...?? I know its an old debate but I just wanted to know whay students around the globe think bout it..........

Physics news on Phys.org
Uh... not very Christian is it... that's like "an eye for an eye".

:biggrin: Yeah, and the two propositions are a bit difficult to reconcile.

Uncle Branley, are you really busy ? Chatting is your favorite ?

Pattielli said:
Uncle Branley, are you really busy ? Chatting is your favorite ?

? :confused:

hi uncle branley?

maybe it is some sort of code... "The pig is in the poke."

Either someone is doing a great job at messing with our minds, or someone's mind is greatly messed up.

Back to the thread:

I cannot see how "Christians" are reconciled to being for the death penalty. It is very old testament isn't it (the death penalty that is)? I've noticed that the Catholic church is consistant on this basis (against abortion and against the death penalty) but Catholic individuals that are "pro" death penalty are not reproached as severely as those who are "pro" abortion.

Death penalty advocates are spurred by the knowledge of revenge by a wrathful god. They can't wait to get this bad person to hell. If you are not so sure about the hell part, then life behind bars is a more severe torment than extinction.

yes I agree with u. i think life behind bars with Bubba and the gang would be worse than having ones life exterminated. However in my country we cannot rely on the judicial system to protect people, todays healinde a man who raped an 8 year old girl was allowed to walk away twice. the first time coz the police lost the docket and the second time was for some absurd reason. I wish worse thing could happen to people like that.

By the way "cars can't breathe"

mooberrymarz said:
yes I agree with u. i think life behind bars with Bubba and the gang would be worse...

Probably not the right context of thread to say this but... CLASSIC :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :biggrin:

1. What are the main factors influencing students' views on death penalty and abortion?

There are several factors that can influence a student's views on death penalty and abortion, including personal beliefs, religious beliefs, cultural norms, and political ideologies. Additionally, education, exposure to different perspectives, and personal experiences can also play a role in shaping one's views.

2. Is there a correlation between a student's stance on death penalty and abortion?

There is no clear correlation between a student's stance on death penalty and abortion. While some may hold similar views on both issues, others may have different perspectives based on their personal beliefs and values.

3. How do students' views on death penalty and abortion differ across different demographics?

Research has shown that students' views on death penalty and abortion can vary across demographics such as gender, age, education level, and geographical location. For instance, younger students tend to be more liberal and supportive of abortion rights, while older students may hold more conservative views on these issues.

4. Can a student's views on death penalty and abortion change over time?

Yes, a student's views on death penalty and abortion can change over time. As individuals gain more knowledge and life experiences, their perspectives and beliefs can evolve. Additionally, exposure to different perspectives and critical thinking can also lead to changes in one's views on these controversial issues.

5. How do students' views on death penalty and abortion impact their political beliefs?

Students' views on death penalty and abortion can play a significant role in shaping their political beliefs and affiliations. These issues are often highly politicized and can align with certain political ideologies. However, individuals may also hold different views on these issues within the same political party or group.