Exploring the Higgs Boson: Uncovering the Mystery

In summary, the Higgs boson is a subatomic particle that was discovered in 2012 through experiments at the Large Hadron Collider. Its existence was predicted by the Standard Model of particle physics and its discovery has helped to confirm this theory. The Higgs boson is responsible for giving other particles their mass and its discovery has provided valuable insights into the fundamental forces and building blocks of the universe. Further research and exploration of the Higgs boson will continue to uncover the mysteries of our universe and advance our understanding of the fundamental laws of nature.
JohnT89
http://www.higgs-boson.org/

Is it as garbage as it looks?

Physics news on Phys.org
No this is most likely a falsehood, there is no mathematics that is presented and the idea appears speculative without mathematical and physical reasoning.

This is what I felt too, altough I am not a physicist (just a freshman).
Is it something like M-Theory (an interesting but unproven theory) or is it a complete nonsense?

I would agree with the latter.

Last edited:
This is complete garbage, even worse than the EM=gravity stuff.

Just consider quarks vs electrons. They have different masses, but the same closed volume (?). It doesn't make any sense.

In fact, I think it would've been enough to stop reading after this
"
The Spacetime Model was also published on November
30th , 2006, on 31 different web sites. It is also referenced on many
sites like Google and Google Books, Yahoo, DMOZ... More than
100 000 internet Users have read it."

Or maybe just after reading he has a patent on it??

From his website it's clear that his misconception that "volume creates curvature" originates from the popular science illustration of how a rubber membrane (with networks of line on it) bends in the presence of a mass. The problem is that he took this analogy too literally, and invented his own theory about it...

I think the scientists who use inappropriate handwaving analogies in popular science books are the real culprits. I believe every such graph showing some inappropriate analogy should be accompanied by a text, "Warning: this is almost a swindle. Don't take it seriously. If you want to really understand it, study the math behind it."

1. What is the Higgs Boson?

The Higgs Boson is a subatomic particle that is theorized to give other particles their mass. It is a key element of the Standard Model of particle physics, which describes the fundamental building blocks of matter and their interactions.

2. How was the Higgs Boson discovered?

The Higgs Boson was discovered in 2012 by scientists at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN. They used the LHC to accelerate and collide protons at high energies, producing evidence of the Higgs Boson in the resulting particle collisions.

3. Why is the discovery of the Higgs Boson important?

The discovery of the Higgs Boson confirmed the existence of the Higgs field, which is responsible for giving particles their mass. This is a crucial piece of the puzzle in understanding the fundamental forces and interactions of the universe.

4. How does the Higgs Boson relate to the origin of the universe?

The Higgs Boson is thought to have played a role in the early stages of the universe, during the process of inflation. It is also important in understanding the symmetry breaking that occurred after the Big Bang, allowing for the formation of matter as we know it.

5. What are the potential implications of further research on the Higgs Boson?

Further research on the Higgs Boson could lead to a better understanding of the fundamental forces and particles of the universe. It could also potentially lead to the discovery of new particles or even help explain mysteries such as dark matter and dark energy.