Unique Invention Ideas: ISSCE, AND, and Miniature Beacon

• Thread starter TGO
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ideas
In summary, the conversation was about various ideas for inventions, including a stun and smoke explosive device, a suit that deflects artillery fire and has enhanced physical abilities, and a miniature distress beacon. The feasibility and potential problems with these ideas were discussed.
Pattonias said:
The way modern military body armor works now is the kevlar layer, which is relatively thin prevents the bullet from penetrating. The ceramic "plate" absorbs the impact of the bullet. You still get knocked on your butt, and you still get bruised up, but you aren't dead. The plate can only take a couple hits before it is too cracked to prevent impact damage to the body. I would argue that there is a form of these portable protective curtains in the form of tanks. They have large guns to.

I see 2 problems with hiding behind a tank. First - you're not really hiding. Second - don't people shoot larger guns at tanks than at people?

Computer science news on Phys.org
The "curtain" concept I had in mind would be portable. Something to guard a soldier while firing. Although I do like the idea of a "tent" concept to protect from shrapnel.

I can tell you that your first priority to build this curtain would be materials. Using existing bulletproof "curtain" tech, anything large enough to be of use would weigh too much. You also have to figure that if your enemy has the means to destroy a tank, nothing you are carrying with you will be enough to keep you from harm. You'll have to find a way to get the shield to the front lines without reducing the amount of weaponry/ammo that the soldier is carrying. You'll also have to implement a method for setting it up in a reasonable amount of time while under fire in such a way that it would remain tactically advantageous to do so.

Pattonias said:
I can tell you that your first priority to build this curtain would be materials. Using existing bulletproof "curtain" tech, anything large enough to be of use would weigh too much. You also have to figure that if your enemy has the means to destroy a tank, nothing you are carrying with you will be enough to keep you from harm. You'll have to find a way to get the shield to the front lines without reducing the amount of weaponry/ammo that the soldier is carrying. You'll also have to implement a method for setting it up in a reasonable amount of time while under fire in such a way that it would remain tactically advantageous to do so.

The original idea was for a firing screen - body width and adjustable height (top of head gear) while laying on the ground - perhaps 30" wide by 18" high?

Pattonias said:
You also have to figure that if your enemy has the means to destroy a tank, nothing you are carrying with you will be enough to keep you from harm.

I didn't think a foot soldier would be fired upon by weapons designed to kill tanks?

Soldiers are fired upon by weapons designed for destroying larger vehicles all the time.

Think current wars, not conventional wars between conventional armies, because at the moment the tech of a conventional war won't be as affective.

Military applications are an awful waste of a good education. Sorry if this sounds faggy.

bonker said:
Military applications are an awful waste of a good education. Sorry if this sounds faggy.

You do realize that we've developed more through military application than any other means?

jarednjames said:
You do realize that we've developed more through military application than any other means?

This argument reduces to the maxim: "necessity is the mother of invention"

While I would agree with your assertion, I would suggest that is not an optimal state of affairs.
One could also consider the inventions that conscientious scientists have not developed due
to their military applications.

Guys, you've got to get over the "bombs are cool" thing.

bonker said:
This argument reduces to the maxim: "necessity is the mother of invention"

Correct and it's very true.
While I would agree with your assertion, I would suggest that is not an optimal state of affairs.

You can't not agree. It's fact.
One could also consider the inventions that conscientious scientists have not developed due to their military applications.

Such as?
Guys, you've got to get over the "bombs are cool" thing.

Please show me explicitly where anyone has stated/implied that. For one, we're not discussing bombs.

<h2>1. What is ISSCE and how does it work?</h2><p>ISSCE stands for Integrated Sensing and Self-Calibration Engine. It is a unique invention idea that utilizes advanced sensor technology to detect and correct errors in measurement devices. It works by continuously monitoring and analyzing data from multiple sensors, and using this information to adjust and calibrate the measurements being taken.</p><h2>2. What is the purpose of AND in this invention idea?</h2><p>AND stands for Automated Navigation and Direction. It is a key component of the ISSCE system, providing real-time navigation and direction assistance based on the data collected by the sensors. AND is designed to help individuals or vehicles navigate through challenging environments, such as crowded cities or remote wilderness areas.</p><h2>3. How does the Miniature Beacon fit into this invention idea?</h2><p>The Miniature Beacon is a small, portable device that is used to transmit signals to the ISSCE system. It can be attached to objects, vehicles, or even individuals, and provides crucial location and tracking information to the system. The Miniature Beacon is an essential part of the overall ISSCE and AND system, enabling accurate and reliable data collection.</p><h2>4. What are the potential applications of this unique invention idea?</h2><p>The ISSCE, AND, and Miniature Beacon system has a wide range of potential applications. It can be used in industries such as transportation, logistics, and agriculture to improve efficiency and accuracy. It can also be used in emergency situations, such as search and rescue missions, to aid in navigation and location tracking.</p><h2>5. Is this invention idea currently being developed and tested?</h2><p>Yes, the ISSCE, AND, and Miniature Beacon system is currently being developed and tested by a team of scientists and engineers. Initial results have been promising, and further research and development are ongoing to refine and improve the system. The ultimate goal is to bring this unique invention to market and make it available for various practical applications.</p>

1. What is ISSCE and how does it work?

ISSCE stands for Integrated Sensing and Self-Calibration Engine. It is a unique invention idea that utilizes advanced sensor technology to detect and correct errors in measurement devices. It works by continuously monitoring and analyzing data from multiple sensors, and using this information to adjust and calibrate the measurements being taken.

2. What is the purpose of AND in this invention idea?

AND stands for Automated Navigation and Direction. It is a key component of the ISSCE system, providing real-time navigation and direction assistance based on the data collected by the sensors. AND is designed to help individuals or vehicles navigate through challenging environments, such as crowded cities or remote wilderness areas.

3. How does the Miniature Beacon fit into this invention idea?

The Miniature Beacon is a small, portable device that is used to transmit signals to the ISSCE system. It can be attached to objects, vehicles, or even individuals, and provides crucial location and tracking information to the system. The Miniature Beacon is an essential part of the overall ISSCE and AND system, enabling accurate and reliable data collection.

4. What are the potential applications of this unique invention idea?

The ISSCE, AND, and Miniature Beacon system has a wide range of potential applications. It can be used in industries such as transportation, logistics, and agriculture to improve efficiency and accuracy. It can also be used in emergency situations, such as search and rescue missions, to aid in navigation and location tracking.

5. Is this invention idea currently being developed and tested?

Yes, the ISSCE, AND, and Miniature Beacon system is currently being developed and tested by a team of scientists and engineers. Initial results have been promising, and further research and development are ongoing to refine and improve the system. The ultimate goal is to bring this unique invention to market and make it available for various practical applications.