Force converted to acceleration?

Alternatively, if you have the force and the mass, you can use the formula a=F/m to find the acceleration. In summary, converting force on a load cell to acceleration requires knowledge of either the net force or the force and mass, and can be calculated using the formulas F=ma or a=F/m.
chris_topher
How can I convert force on a load cell, tension and compression to acceleration!

I think maybe something along the lines of Newtons and picoCoulombs per meter or maybe I am miles off the mark

I need to work out the sensitivity of the load cell in pC/m

Physics news on Phys.org
chris_topher said:
How can I convert force on a load cell, tension and compression to acceleration!

I think maybe something along the lines of Newtons and picoCoulombs per meter or maybe I am miles off the mark

I need to work out the sensitivity of the load cell in pC/m

You can't. Force and acceleration are different units. Force is Newton. Acceleration is "distance per time square" or more correctly "rate of change in velocity".
1 Newton or Unit Force = 1 kg m/s2
Unit acceleration = 1 m/s2 .

If you had the net force, you could use F=ma and solve for acceleration.

1. What is the formula for converting force to acceleration?

The formula for converting force to acceleration is F=ma, where F represents force in Newtons, m represents mass in kilograms, and a represents acceleration in meters per second squared.

2. How do you calculate acceleration from force?

To calculate acceleration from force, you can use the formula a=F/m, where a represents acceleration in meters per second squared, F represents force in Newtons, and m represents mass in kilograms.

3. What is the relationship between force and acceleration?

The relationship between force and acceleration is directly proportional. This means that as force increases, acceleration also increases, and vice versa.

4. Can force be converted to acceleration without mass?

No, force cannot be converted to acceleration without mass. The formula for converting force to acceleration (F=ma) includes mass as a necessary variable.

5. How is force converted to acceleration in real-life applications?

In real-life applications, force is typically converted to acceleration through the use of machines, such as engines or motors. These machines apply a force to an object, which causes it to accelerate in a certain direction. The amount of force applied and the mass of the object determine the resulting acceleration.