Does the Casio FX-911ES PLUS fit this description?

• Calculators
  • Thread starter chickensagan
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Casio Fit
In summary, the Casio FX-911ES Plus calculator is not allowed in university exams as it has a multi-line display and is programmable, both of which are prohibited according to the given description of allowed calculators.
chickensagan
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to work out if my calculator (Casio FX-911ES PLUS) is allowed in my uni exams but I'm a noob to calculators (I'm on a foundation course!)

Here's the description of allowed calculators:

"students are allowed to use noiseless, non-mains, single-line display, non-programmable calculators without ascii memories in examinations. This definition means that the use of graphical calculators is prohibited."

At least could anyone tell me how I find out if my calculator can do any of those things? I've looked through the manual but there's no mention in the way they've worded it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Computer science news on Phys.org
chickensagan said:
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to work out if my calculator (Casio FX-911ES PLUS) is allowed in my uni exams but I'm a noob to calculators (I'm on a foundation course!)

Here's the description of allowed calculators:

"students are allowed to use noiseless, non-mains, single-line display, non-programmable calculators without ascii memories in examinations. This definition means that the use of graphical calculators is prohibited."

At least could anyone tell me how I find out if my calculator can do any of those things? I've looked through the manual but there's no mention in the way they've worded it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Not a hundred percent sure here, but looking more closely at the Casio FX-911ES Plus, it clearly shows more than 1 line in the display and it does look programmable.. Those two things a lone disqualify this calculator to be used.

1. Does the Casio FX-911ES PLUS have advanced scientific functions?

Yes, the Casio FX-911ES PLUS has over 500 scientific functions, including trigonometry, statistics, and calculus.

2. Is the Casio FX-911ES PLUS suitable for college-level math and science courses?

Yes, the Casio FX-911ES PLUS is designed for use in advanced math and science courses, making it a popular choice among college students.

3. Does the Casio FX-911ES PLUS have a user-friendly interface?

Yes, the Casio FX-911ES PLUS has a user-friendly interface with a clear display and intuitive button layout, making it easy to use for both beginners and experienced users.

4. Can the Casio FX-911ES PLUS perform complex calculations quickly and accurately?

Yes, the Casio FX-911ES PLUS uses a high-speed processor and advanced algorithms to perform complex calculations quickly and accurately.

5. Is the Casio FX-911ES PLUS durable and long-lasting?

Yes, the Casio FX-911ES PLUS is built with high-quality materials and has a reputation for being durable and long-lasting, making it a reliable choice for scientific work.