Resetting Yahoo Spam Control for Better Email Filtering

• Thread starter Naty1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Control
In summary, the conversation is about the sudden increase in spam emails being received in the Yahoo email inbox instead of being filtered into the spam folder. The individual is looking for a way to reset the filtering/blocking system but has not been able to find any options for changing the filtering levels. They have also tried switching to Gmail but have not found any useful solutions. The only solution they have found so far is to mark each individual spam email as "spam" to prevent further emails from that source. However, they are looking for a better solution. They have searched through Yahoo email help but have not found any helpful suggestions.
Naty1
All of a sudden 3/4 of spam headed my way is landing in my Yahoo e-mail instead of spam folder.

Any way to reset the filtering/blocking apparatus?

the yahoo 'OPTIONS' button only allows me to decide how often the spam folder is deleted,
nothing I can find about filtering levels..

thank you.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Greg..thanks for the suggestion...I followed the link but so far have found nothing useful.
It says changes to SPAMGUARD can be made, but never says what they are ...It appears the spam filter is preset and can't be changed, yet something DID suddently change which allowed previously blocked spam to enter my regular mailbox.

The only recommended solution I have found so far is to mark each individual spam e-mail in my regular e-mail as 'spam'...then the filter stops further spam from that source...

There must be a better way, but I'll begin that effort today...one e-mail at a time...

I plowed through a dozen or so spam related suggestions in Yahoo e-mail HELP...but found nothing terribly useful.

1. How do I reset Yahoo Spam Control for better email filtering?

To reset Yahoo Spam Control, you will need to go to your Yahoo Mail settings and select "More Settings." Under the "Security and Privacy" tab, click on "Spam Protection." From there, you can adjust your spam filter settings to your desired level. If you are still receiving unwanted emails, you can mark them as spam to train the filter.

2. Will resetting Yahoo Spam Control delete my current spam filter settings?

Yes, resetting Yahoo Spam Control will reset all of your current spam filter settings. This means that any emails that were previously marked as spam or not spam will no longer be saved.

3. How often should I reset Yahoo Spam Control?

It is recommended to reset Yahoo Spam Control every few months to ensure that your spam filter is up-to-date. As spammers are constantly changing their tactics, resetting the filter can help catch new spam emails that were previously undetected.

4. Can I customize my spam filter settings after resetting Yahoo Spam Control?

Yes, you can customize your spam filter settings by adjusting the "Spam Protection" options in your Yahoo Mail settings. You can choose to block or allow specific email addresses, domains, or keywords. You can also set the level of spam filtering to low, medium, or high.

5. Will resetting Yahoo Spam Control affect my inbox or other folders?

No, resetting Yahoo Spam Control will only affect your spam filter settings. It will not affect your inbox or any other folders in your Yahoo Mail account.